Shipping & Receiving Assistant
This position is responsible for assisting the Shipping and Receiving Clerk with the shipment of all Lensbaby orders, including webstore, dealer/distributors, and marketing. This individual assists with the preparation, packing and fulfillment of all products to be shipped.
- Process orders using the following: UPS Worldship, Dazzle, Shipstation and Quickbooks software and dealer EDI sites
- Process international shipments and generate ITN number through AES Direct
- Process various Quickbooks entries such as sales orders and assemble builds
- Work with Production manager to prioritize orders
- Maintain shipping procedures
- Provide back-up support to Production with lens assembly tasks when needed
- Responsible for improving and maintaining pick/pack accuracy
- Assisting in the releasing of web orders
- Organize shipping area and supplies
- Accurately report shipping codes for accounting
- Provide support for receiving all deliveries
- Troubleshoot and verify shipments
- Maintain serialization document
- Provide quotes for shipping estimates (weights/dimensions/price)
- Additional duties as required
Skills & Abilities
- Basic PC skills for processing shipments online and with shipping related software (UPS worldship, etc.)
- Accurately pick and securely pack orders
- Knowledge of HTS codes and custom export requirements
- Familiarity with shipping documents, packing slips and invoices
- Ability to prioritize orders and handle multiple demands and changes on short notice
- Detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal and team player skills with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization both internally and externally
Education & Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma or GED, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum one year of related experience
- International shipping experience desired
Physical Demands of Position
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend, kneel, stoop, walk, communicate, reach, and manipulate objects. The position requires mobility including the ability to move materials weighing two - 30 pounds on a regular basis such as files, books, packages, office equipment, etc. and may infrequently require moving materials weighing up to 50 pounds. Manual dexterity and coordination are required more than 90% of the work period while operating equipment such as computers and other standard office equipment.\
Sitting or standing workstations, manual or power tools, computer, laptop, keyboard, monitors, mouse, calculators, printers, and other standard office equipment. The employee is sometimes exposed to airborne particles and fumes. The noise level in the work environment is usually low with some background noise, personal interruptions and occasional moderate noise from power equipment.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter to HR@lensbaby.com.