Explore vibrant and colorful New Orleans through the Sol 45. Photographer and Project Disrupt winner,
In December of 2018 I revisited New Orleans for the 4th time in 10 years. Why so often? Like my hometown of NYC, I see New Orleans as a stimulating & vibrant city, with a very unique personality. I’ve taken many, many photos during my visits there. But this trip was different… I photographed “The Big Easy” using the Lensbaby
Since acquiring the
NOLA is a photographer’s paradise! Filled with endless moments to capture such as:
- The sidewalks drenched in French and Spanish architecture.
- The colorful and talented local characters, entertaining for donations.
- Multi-colored strands of beads everywhere you look (including the trees!).
- The ubiquitous fleur-de-lis symbol at every turn.
- An impromptu jazz combo on a nearby corner.
- The vintage streetcars gliding down the avenue.
- The traditional New Orleans second-line parades. Always so lively and inviting, with their twirling parasols, and handkerchiefs waving in the air.
- A steamboat slowly cruising down the mighty Mississippi river
- And of course the majestic St. Louis Cathedral watching over it all.
Here’s the thing - NOLA and the