Let’s discover more wonder—together. In everything we do, we fuel the passion that drives photographers to go beyond. We’d love to add another dedicated partner to our collaborative, supportive work environment.
VISION: LENSBABY provides fun, creative tools for photographers.
MISSION: LENSBABY’s Mission is to provide tools for photographers that help them find their unique, visual voice.
- GROWTH – we learn and grow as individuals and as an organization
- CUSTOMER HAPPINESS – we treat our customers like royalty
- EACH OTHER – we serve each other and the business that provides for us
- CREATIVITY – we honor new ways of understanding and expressing
- DISCIPLINE – we strive to continuously improve
- INTEGRITY – we produce high quality products that deliver on the promises we make
- THE PLANET – we minimize the negative environmental consequences of our work
The Operations/Engineering Manager is responsible for all aspects of Operations and Engineering with a focus on design for manufacturing, partner relations, quality, and planning. This individual manages internal processes and collaborates with their team in the development and production of world class photographic equipment. The Operations/Engineering Manager fosters relationships, provides leadership and facilitates effective communication both internally and with supply chain partners. The Operations/Engineering Manager ensures quality and efficiency within the supply chain, and manages the development and integration of new products. This individual expects obstacles and challenges and is eager to understand and overcome them.
- Lead and manage all Operations functions in order to maximize Lensbaby’s growth and profitability.
- Work with Operations staff to identify, communicate and resolve root causes of emergent problems.
- Implement efficient short-term and long-term processes to optimize workflow and minimize scrap.
- Evaluate and manage the capacity of internal and external operations.
- Ensure safety in the workplace by identifying and implementing best practices and system improvements.
- Provide supply chain oversight to ensure present and future needs are met.
- Manage the inventory planning process to ensure supply while adhering to budget spending, labor efficiency, material efficiency and inventory turns requirements.
- Maintain existing supply chain relationships and seek out new partnerships as necessary.
- Serve as primary contact with supply chain partners.
- Lead the project development process
- Own project schedules and budgets.
- Ensure that all aspects of product development, including conceptual development, detail design, release to tooling, evaluation, testing, and fabrication meet schedule milestones
- Contribute to the product design process by offering design for manufacturing and assembly input.
- Understand, interpret and communicate component requirements, tolerances, and functional intent to Lensbaby staff and suppliers.
- Review and provide feedback on engineering designs and drawings.
- Measure and report on effectiveness of operations activities and ability to meet or exceed goals.
- Hire, guide and train staff in order to meet department objectives.
- Keep employees informed as to company/department plans and progress.
- Conduct performance reviews for R&D and Operations team members.
- Submit budgets in accordance with internal accounting procedures.
- Approve expenses up to authorized dollar amounts.
- Assume other responsibilities and activities as required.
Skills integral to the job:
- Must have knowledge of and experience managing day to day operations functions
- Must have solid project management background with proven ability to lead.
- Must have excellent communication skills to organize team members and implement policies.
- Must have experience with China based suppliers.
- Must have experience as a manufacturing, process, or design engineer.
- Direct supervision of assembly operations a plus.
- Experience with and knowledge of Solidworks.
- Working knowledge of photography, machined aluminum, injected plastic, and glass optics.
- Capable of maintaining strong working relationships with other staff.
- Strong administrative, management and personnel skills.
- Strong reasoning and analytical abilities.
- Participative management skills emphasizing cohesive team concept.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities. Tactful and mature.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive–but able to recognize and support Lensbaby’s preferences and priorities.
- Results oriented but able to balance other business considerations.
Education and Experience requirement:
- B.S. in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Process Engineering.
- 5-7 years of total experience including engineering and management experience.
Submit cover letter & resume to: email@example.com