Let’s discover more wonder—together. In everything we do, we fuel the passion that drives photographers to go beyond. We’d love to add another dedicated partner to our collaborative, supportive work environment. Please follow the instructions at the bottom of the job description to connect.
We are currently interviewing for a Sales Director at Lensbaby. This team member will report to the President/GM and will work at the Portland location.
Lensbaby is a Portland, Oregon based manufacturer of award-winning Creative Effects camera lenses. The Sales Director will lead a team of internal and external sales personnel to expand both internationally domestically. This exciting role is a key member of the Lensbaby team that is dedicated to the highest quality and integrity in all that we do.
The Sales Director is responsible for all aspects of Lensbaby’s domestic sales activities. This individual will manage our onsite sales team and our external sales representatives; communicate effectively with our customers, in order to drive profitable top line growth for the company. The Sales Director is responsible for managing all aspects of Lensbaby’s presence at physical retail and online stores to promote our brand and optimize sales potential. This individual will consistently collect and analyze data to anticipate customer needs and circumvent possible problems. Support of the company’s vision and mission is integral to this and every position at Lensbaby.
- Develop and implement annual company sales plan that addresses growth opportunities by channel and geographic market.
- Manage sales programs to drive profitability while also driving the top line for targeted channels and customers.
- Develop and execute specific sales strategies, including product merchandising and cooperative marketing plans for retail and online stores.
- Collect and analyze weekly sales reports from customers, ensuring adequate inventory levels are maintained to support units sales and revenue goals.
- Review customer’s business in detail to identify opportunities for revenue growth, work in conjunction with reps to develop & execute plan.
- Advocate for customer needs while maintaining a balance at all times with Lensbaby’s objectives.
- In partnership with the Marketing team, manage product placement, transitions and new product launch activities to assure adherence to the Lensbaby brand.
- Interface with customer on a regular basis via telephone, email and travel as appropriate.
- Keep well informed on all customers’ activities, anticipating difficulties or dissatisfaction and taking pro-active steps to remedy situation.
- Provide quarterly forecasting by account.
- Lead internal sales team; provide training, coaching, and goal setting.
- Direct sales reps activities: setting and meeting sales goals.
- Manage product return process from retailers in order to minimize financial exposure while still driving new product growth.
- Represent the company in trade shows, PR events, and related opportunities.
- Make product presentations to retailers and events.
- Keeping the President/GM and other key executives informed about Sales in order to promote and maintain transparency throughout Lensbaby.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated track record of driving profitable sales in a variety of distribution channels and geographic markets
- Strong knowledge of client relations, account management, and distribution channels.
- Experience leading a team of internal sales and external sales representatives.
- Excellent sales presentation skills.
- Works well in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong oral and written communication abilities.
- Demonstrated solid analytical, technical, and problem solving skills.
- Experience managing sales forecasting for new and existing products.
- Able to use all related hardware and software including database and spreadsheet applications including Excel, Power point. Experience with Quick Books a plus.
- Knowledge of photography and experience with photography industry a plus.
- Minimum 5 years leading a sales team in the consumer products industry.
- B.S. in business, management, marketing or a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
This individual will report to the President and will work closely with the Marketing Director and Global Sales Coordinator. Overall responsibilities will include the maintaining and overseeing all of Lensbaby’s e-commerce activity and assisting with select Marketing needs. This person will be responsible for managing e-commerce sales, to achieve sales goals, through the assistance of the implementation of SEO and digital marketing initiatives, as well as creating brand awareness by helping to develop and implement marketing and advertising campaigns. The E-Commerce/Marketing Administrator role must have a self-motivated employee with a strong desire to continuously learn. This person is both goal and detail oriented with a love for numbers, analytics, creativity, and problem solving.
- Creation of new product pages on Lensbaby’s American and German e-commerce stores and Amazon.
- Manage and coordinate with German e-commerce store.
- Consistently update sample images on product pages and gallery page.
- SEO execution, conversion rate optimization.
- Develop and execute customer loyalty programs.
- Ensure planned promotions are executed on time and monitor success through promotion period; analyze and report results.
- Develop email campaigns to engage with customers post purchase.
- Maintain and adjust product inventory as necessary.
- Assist with the Marketing team and PR agency to maximize brand exposure.
- Help develop and execute marketing partnerships with complimentary photo product companies.
- Assist with executing new outreach platforms.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- Digital or E-commerce marketing experience required.
- Experience with WordPress and WooCommerce is required.
- Knowledge of Amazon Seller Central is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and technical knowledge in e-commerce.
- Strong writing skills are required.
- Basic Photoshop skills are a plus.
- Ability to work with and appreciate diverse cultures and international communities.
- Strong interpersonal and team player skills with an ability to communicate at all levels of an organization both internally and externally.
- Photography experience and/or photo industry experience a plus.
Full Time Non-Exempt
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lens Assembly and Packaging (Portland) Lensbaby is looking for an individual to join its Manufacturing Team to assemble and package camera lenses. Lensbaby lenses are used to create photographic art around the world, and are designed and assembled in Portland, Oregon!Job Duties:
- Follow assembly instructions.
- Perform repetitive assembly tasks using arbor presses, screw drivers, etc.
- Assess quality of finished product.
- Package product for shipment to customers.
- Minimum 1 year experience in light-assembly / packaging role.
- Knack for focused work with attention to detail.
- Comfortable working with small parts.
- Self-motivated individual who appreciates being part of a small team.
- Capable of bending and lifting 50lbs; moving/stacking boxes periodically.
- Health Insurance
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Lens allowance
This position is full-time, Monday through Friday, 9am to 5:30pm (with a half hour lunch).
Compensation: $11/hr with benefits.
Please e-mail resume/work history to email@example.com. We are not able to accommodate walk-ins.