Latest Post

13 hours ago by ughridk

Re: #BlurOnPurpose Series

view post

How to choose?-(

Newer Topic | Older Topic

How to choose?-( posted by Lala February 22, 2009 05:39AM reply | quote
posted by Lala
Hi. Im new in photography and just find out that this amazing effect could be done by lensbaby. Id like to get one. Could you pls help me to choose one, and help me to know how you choose accessories and etc, how do you know what you need?

cheers,

Lala
Re: How to choose?-( posted by BearWoodsDavid February 22, 2009 08:42AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Lala,
What kind of photography do you do most? I do general photography but specialize in nature. My favorite of the moment is the Composer. It allows you to be flexible but also lock it in place for longer exposures and repeating images. I have all of the accessories and use them all on a regular basis. It will enable you to be versatile with one lens. The optic swap kit is a must.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: How to choose?-( posted by ranfoto February 22, 2009 09:20AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Lala .....go to the top of this Forum, click Gallery, then follow the directions to see the images of the optics you like .

Since you said you're new to photography.....David's right about going with the Composer, it's probably the easiest to master .

I personally enjoy Bending my images with a bellows, so the newest edition of that style of Lenbaby would be the Muse .

The Muse is also easier on the budget, either Lensbaby will give you wonderful images and is compatible with all the new swap optics and 37mm accessories .

The accessory packages are where you get the tools to make your Lensbaby image the way you want .....close ups, macros, wide angle shots, or even a mild tele effect when you can't get as close as you want to your subject.....there's lots of things to learn, but first you have to get started Bending images to understand the whys and hows of it all .

The first choice you have to make is what SLR brand camera do you plan to use the Lensbaby on ? Then you select the Lensbaby mount that works with that particular camera .

The LB accessories that attach to the front of your "Baby" fit all or you can purchase or use almost any accessory that uses the 37mm thread .

The choices are not really that difficult once you see what the basic Bending is all about .
Re: How to choose?-( posted by mrtzr February 24, 2009 03:55AM reply | quote
posted by mrtzr
Lala,
It's hard to give an answer when it comes to the term, "new to photography".
As far as equipment and settings go, i.e.. ISO, shutter speed, aperture... etc.
Yes. There is very far from "new to photography".
But your eye for what's interesting is all thats always been there in some way.
As for an answer to your question.
I purchased the lensbaby muse, and fell in love. However, occasionally I do come to regret not getting the Control Freak.
The first day, to even first week, you'll almost regret the purchase. Its frustrating, and you dont quite get what you want.
The more you use it, the more you'll want more power of the focus.
So, if you have a little extra cash, and believe the lensbaby may be something you'll spend alot of time on your camera. The control freak is the way to go.
If your looking for a little less, that can equally amaze just as much. Go with the Muse.

I hope my post helped you decide on which one to get!
And whether you go with the muse, composer or control freak, I hope you have a fantastic time with your new lensbaby! And post your new photography experience in the forums!

P.s: I left out the info on the composer because, I feel its a rather, Middle peace to the pie.
It's some control, and some power. essentially its all up to you however, and you'll have an absolutely awesome time with which ever you choose to buy.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today