Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

28 minutes ago by ranfoto

Re: Roma - Forum Romanum

view post

I can't detach Composer from my body!!!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

I can't detach Composer from my body!!! posted by rorus February 09, 2009 05:42AM reply | quote
posted by rorus
I don't like to detach the Composer from my Nikon D700. What to do with my other 10 lens???
Re: I can't detach Composer from my body!!! posted by rorus February 09, 2009 05:52AM reply | quote
posted by rorus
My 1-st body has a permanent lens...
That's it.
Re: I can't detach Composer from my body!!! posted by ranfoto February 09, 2009 09:11AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Simple solution......buy more bodies !

That's what I did, but then as you invest in more Bending equipment you find you don't ever want to use the other lenses.......

Sometimes I use my OEM optics to take photos of my other sharp lenses to sell them....Oooops ! :))
Re: I can't detach Composer from my body!!! posted by RichB February 09, 2009 12:06PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Rossen,

Welcome the the Lensbaby forum. Looks like you are having some real fun with bending. #7 is my favorite for your first two groups of shots -- love the bokeh in #7.

Rich
Re: I can't detach Composer from my body!!! posted by BearWoodsDavid February 10, 2009 09:33PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Welcome Rossen. Nice images. Let me know when you are going to buy some bodies...I need to increase my holdings in Nikon stock first.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: I can't detach Composer from my body!!! posted by rorus February 11, 2009 08:30PM reply | quote
posted by rorus
Thank you people!
I have already wide/tele addaptors too.
New pictures will be here soon...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2009 08:33PM by rorus.
Re: I can't detach Composer from my body!!! posted by rorus February 11, 2009 09:19PM reply | quote
posted by rorus
First attempts with wide:
Re: I can't detach Composer from my body!!! posted by Craig (Admin) February 22, 2009 09:59AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Glad to hear your Lensbaby isn't stuck in the "Repair my camera!" sort of way.

These are great images. Lots of options these days to try in terms of cross processed and duotones and whatnot. Would love to hear what techniques you are using.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: I can't detach Composer from my body!!! posted by rorus February 25, 2009 02:57PM reply | quote
posted by rorus
Thanks Craig,

It's boring to me to have a real color, so I'm using Adobe Lightroom with tens of presets to escape from reality...
Re: I can't detach Composer from my body!!! posted by MelBrackstone May 17, 2009 07:34PM reply | quote
posted by MelBrackstone

I only received mine today, and I can't detach it from my student's cameras!!! Loving this lens, even if it is so much easier to use than LBO, LB2 and LB3 :)

Mel :) In sunny Brisbane, Australia
[melbrackstone.com]
Re: I can't detach Composer from my body!!! posted by Joseph Flores July 04, 2009 07:50AM reply | quote
posted by Joseph Flores
I thought you had a manufacturing problem, and it freaked my out for my camera! So before I read your post I went to make sure that my LB came off. Then I read what you had to say and it made me laugh at myself for jumping to conclusions!
Re: I can't detach Composer from my body!!! posted by platscha July 05, 2009 03:05PM reply | quote
posted by platscha
Your doinbg a great job for just starting out, you can send me those unused Nikon lenses, thank you
Re: I can't detach Composer from my body!!! posted by Lesley September 24, 2009 03:51AM reply | quote
posted by Lesley

rorus
First attempts with wide:

Well Rorus! You inspired me to at last buy the Composer after seeing your article in Black&White magazine, which was superb BTW!
Now, please tell which Wide filter/attachment are you using in these images? I am not sure which one to buy for the Composer? I see now that the 50mm equivalent is not wide enough for my documentary work. Please advise...

Lesley
Re: I can't detach Composer from my body!!! posted by GordonMcKinlay December 21, 2009 05:37AM reply | quote
posted by GordonMcKinlay

I have only just got my lensbaby this week. It was a birthday present from my lovely wife and my kids bought me the macro kit. I am struggling a bit with focussing but I will get there. I am sure I will take it off my camera one day but not for a long while!
Re: I can't detach Composer from my body!!! posted by Craig (Admin) December 24, 2009 05:37AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Hi Gordon,

Glad to hear you are having fun. This is a mysterious image. What is the subject matter?

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: I can't detach Composer from my body!!! posted by marknpb December 25, 2009 05:51AM reply | quote
posted by marknpb

I hear you!!! I'm scouring Craigslist for another used Nikon D60 just so my LB has a permanent home! :)
Re: I can't detach Composer from my body!!! posted by Squonk March 08, 2010 09:48PM reply | quote
posted by Squonk
Just a couple of hours ago I ordered my first Lensbaby, a composer - Canon fit. I've been lusting after a Lensbaby for literally years so I feel delighted to finally have one on the way.

I thought I'd have a read through the forums to satisy my excitement whilst I await delivery. And then I spotted the title of this post and thought, "oh no, do they fit that poorly to the lens mounting?" although everything I've read had assured me of build quality.

Delighted to find the pun in the title of the post, and I made a decision at the same time as I ordered my Lensbaby to resurrect my old 20D so I can have a body which the Lensbaby is almost permanently attached to. Well worth ordering a new battery and a new CF card to give my LB a "home" body when it arrives :^)

Having said that, the temptation might be great to try it out on my 7D too. The idea of HD video with Lensbaby effects might be just too compelling!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2010 11:09PM by Squonk.
Re: I can't detach Composer from my body!!! posted by slithy-toves March 13, 2010 10:37AM reply | quote
posted by slithy-toves

Oooh yes! I wish I had video capability just to try it with the LB!

[www.flickr.com]
Re: I can't detach Composer from my body!!! posted by stran9e March 14, 2010 06:59AM reply | quote
posted by stran9e

i feel the same but with Canon 40D and composer !

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today