Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

19 hours ago by ughridk

Re: #BlurOnPurpose Series

view post

Lensbaby HDR PANO in Leeds!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Lensbaby HDR PANO in Leeds! posted by ade_mcfade January 13, 2009 06:44PM reply | quote
posted by ade_mcfade
Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd share this HDR pano I took with the composer on Sunday.

I've used HDR for 2 years, mainly for architecture. More recently I've used PT Gui for pano work - and luckily that software can generate HDR files for you. A godsend to architecture photographer.

So this one's from a place called Clarence Dock in Leeds, UK. it's taken from above the lock gates, if you know the area.

It's 12 shots in total - 4 sets of 3 bracketed shots. The bracketing is -2, 0 +2 to get a decent coverage, and you can use Auto Exposure Bracketing to capture those pretty quickly.

you then shove the 12 images into PT GUI, tell it that it's a HDR and there's 4 lots of 3, align the image and hit the Generate button.

What came out wasn't hugely different to the finished result. All I had to do in Photoshop was make the vertical properly vertical, a bit of dust bunny removal, reduce the blues a lot as the image was very very cool and sharpen the sweet area a bit to increase the contrast of the windows in the tower.

Give it a go

Ade
Re: Lensbaby HDR PANO in Leeds! posted by BearWoodsDavid January 13, 2009 08:01PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Very nicely done Ade. It looks great.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Lensbaby HDR PANO in Leeds! posted by ranfoto January 14, 2009 06:39AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Very practical Bending......smaRt !
Re: Lensbaby HDR PANO in Leeds! posted by RichB January 14, 2009 08:46PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Ade,

Great HRD capture -- also a nicely composed image.

Rich
Re: Lensbaby HDR PANO in Leeds! posted by MattW January 14, 2009 09:10PM reply | quote
posted by MattW

Very nicely done, the HDR is kept subtle and the pano is well composed.

Matthew
Re: Lensbaby HDR PANO in Leeds! posted by igorsv January 14, 2009 09:26PM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

great job, thanks for sharing your technique.

Igor
Re: Lensbaby HDR PANO in Leeds! posted by ade_mcfade January 17, 2009 07:36AM reply | quote
posted by ade_mcfade
cheers folks

got my creative kit the other day so may retry some panos with different shaped apertures now :-)
Re: Lensbaby HDR PANO in Leeds! posted by skindiver January 21, 2009 11:09AM reply | quote
posted by skindiver
May I be so bold as to ask what HDR means?
Re: Lensbaby HDR PANO in Leeds! posted by MattW January 21, 2009 09:51PM reply | quote
posted by MattW

skindiver
May I be so bold as to ask what HDR means?

High Dynamic Range. The sensor on a DSL can't always record the scene as you see it - if you expose for the highlights you lose detail in the shadows and vice-versa.

HDR needs a series of images taken at different exposures, you then blend these together (normally with specific software) to create one image.

I use Photomatix from HDRSoft, their website is quite informative. [www.hdrsoft.com]

Matthew

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today