Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

43 minutes ago by Niefol

Early effort with new toy

view post

SIMULATED plastic lens

Newer Topic | Older Topic

SIMULATED plastic lens posted by jumpinjimmyjava January 02, 2009 03:59AM reply | quote
posted by jumpinjimmyjava

Captured with a Lensbaby 2.0 covered with a thin layer of plastic food wrap to simulate the new plastic lensbaby lens!

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama
Re: SIMULATED plastic lens posted by igorsv January 02, 2009 04:23AM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

that's an idea. as long as it gives a soft look and enough flare on highlight it should work.

Igor
Re: SIMULATED plastic lens posted by jumpinjimmyjava January 02, 2009 05:46AM reply | quote

Hi Igor, with the plastic wrap over the 2.0 there definitely is a slight reduction in sharpness and colour saturation. This was perhaps not the best subject to shoot. I will try more experiments - jimmy

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama
Re: SIMULATED plastic lens posted by ranfoto January 02, 2009 02:32PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Jim: I'm not so sure this is really simulated, but I'm sure I like the effect.....plastics are kewl and so is real glass.....next trick please :)
Re: SIMULATED plastic lens posted by jumpinjimmyjava January 02, 2009 10:32PM reply | quote

Hey thanks Randy, my next trick will be to try a bouble wrap! Haha - jimmy

Re: SIMULATED plastic lens posted by BearWoodsDavid January 03, 2009 08:28AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Very well done Jimmy, I can't wait to see the bubble wrap.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: SIMULATED plastic lens posted by jad January 03, 2009 08:34PM reply | quote
posted by jad

I do remember the days when we put Vaseline on the lens to get that effect and from what I remember it worked pretty well. However, that was about 30 years ago so I know there is a better way. Bubble wrap may just do the trick. Looking forward to that one!

enjoye!

joye

[www.artistwithcamera.com]
[artistwithcamera.blogspot.com]
Re: SIMULATED plastic lens posted by jumpinjimmyjava January 03, 2009 09:23PM reply | quote

Hi Joye, bubble wrap sounds neat to try. A lot less messy than Vaseline!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today