Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 days ago by ebby62

Tiny Red Beetle

view post

Question about wide angle

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Question about wide angle posted by Blackjack December 24, 2008 11:18AM reply | quote
posted by Blackjack
Will the Lensbaby Wide Angle Lens work properly on something other than a full frame camera?
Re: Question about wide angle posted by Dharmatrekker December 24, 2008 11:36AM reply | quote
posted by Dharmatrekker

Yes, it just won't be as wide angle as it would on a full frame camera. The true wide angle effect would be best with the full frame.

Emm

[marthabusse.com]
Re: Question about wide angle posted by shootwide February 26, 2009 02:26AM reply | quote
posted by shootwide
I have another question with LB 0.6x wideangle...does it only comes with a macro attach to it or is there another wide angle LB lens without it.The macro attachment is the only link to attach the wideangle to my 3G and if i wanted to shoot on a wider angle without macro i cant do that.
And there are other posts about 0.42x lens..makes me rather confused. Any clarification?

Thanks!
Re: Question about wide angle posted by BearWoodsDavid February 26, 2009 10:11AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

There is a wide angle that you get in the wide/tele kit that does not have the macro diopter. As for the .42x super wide angle it is due out on the market in the very near future....
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Question about wide angle posted by ranfoto February 26, 2009 05:40PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

You can attach any 37mm threaded conversion lens with a pitch of .75mm to your LB's, filters, adapters, etc.

The Lensbaby branded accessories are the ones that Craig has tested and keep the aberration in their new perspective similar to the effect without a perspective modifier attached.

Many of the conversion lenses that are available for camcorders will give you very different effects ....some better then others, but it's always a very subjective judgement on what is good... better... or best !

Many times "Crappy" is just right and for others only pin sharp will do them ......Bending effects are truly a taste matter ......and you never know what you'll like until you test test test to find out what you really like !
Re: Question about wide angle posted by shootwide February 27, 2009 11:28PM reply | quote
posted by shootwide
Thanks for the information David and Ranfoto....now i can sleep soundly!

Cheers!
Re: Question about wide angle posted by pgooder June 07, 2009 09:52AM reply | quote
posted by pgooder
This question may or may not be related. I just received the Lensbaby Composer with the .6 macro wide angle lens. I'm confused about using it. My first assumption is that if you attach the .6 to the Compser you would turn it into a wide angle. By taking off the bottom element it would turn it into a macro but that didn't allow attachement to the Composer lens. Am I doing something wrong? Is the .6 both a wide and macro at the same time? If so why does the bottom element unscrew?

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Re: Question about wide angle posted by catspaw June 07, 2009 01:39PM reply | quote
posted by catspaw

the bottom element that unscrews is the macro lens. The flared part is the wideangle.

// Leah

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today