Latest Post

56 minutes ago by PBlais

Re: Abstraction....or is it ?

view post

sweet spot sharp

Newer Topic | Older Topic

sweet spot sharp posted by swartz December 14, 2008 01:26AM reply | quote
posted by swartz
no matter what I do the sweet spot is never as sharp as with a regular lens..... I've adjusted the dioptic.... used glasses when focusing ...... If it's not really possible to get the sweet spot as sharp as with a regular auto focus lens... I'd love to know so I can end this frustration... when I manually adjust a normal lens I get a sharp image.....
Re: sweet spot sharp posted by Dharmatrekker December 14, 2008 01:46AM reply | quote
posted by Dharmatrekker

Which LB are you using? What aperture? The sharpest images will result from using a smaller aperture, sharper glass ie. LB 2.0 , the LB 3G or the double glass optic. Also the LB lenses with more control such as the Composer, and the 3G give you the ability to fine tune your focus.

Hope that helps!

Emm

[marthabusse.com]
Re: sweet spot sharp posted by swartz December 14, 2008 02:34AM reply | quote
posted by swartz
composer ... double glass... will try smaller aperature..tried the 4 or a 5.... but will try smaller aperature... thanks
Re: sweet spot sharp posted by BearWoodsDavid December 14, 2008 02:50AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Swartz,
To make sure there is not another factor involved. Have you shot without bending the lens? With the optic pointing straight and something around f8 or f11? Hopefully that will make a difference if you haven't tried it. Maybe you could post an image or two so we could see. You also have to remember you are using a lens with a double optic set up vs. a lens with up to 11 pieces of glass in a couple of groups to really increase sharpness. Lensbabies are unique in their look.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: sweet spot sharp posted by ranfoto December 14, 2008 02:55AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Post some samples, could be your camera, could be you are getting camera shake by hand holding at slow shutter speeds, could be anything ......

I've gotten sharp sweetspots even with my LBO wide open and certainly the 2.0 is sharp .......it's very frustrating if you can't get your images to look the way you desire ....

It's also possible you received a bad optic, so test your LB on another camera body or have a friend test it out for a second opinion .....

You have to remember Original Equipment Lenses are corrected with multi-elements and coated for flare, while Bendy optics are simple lenses exhibiting aberration ......we're manipulating the organic qualities of light gathering to make aRt with these simple optics so you can't compare the two .

The charm of Bending is all about impressionism, not corrected perspectives, but still you should have a sharp sweetspot no matter the optic.

Sharp is also a relative term, as using the new zone plate/pinhole, plastic, or even the Original soft LB will never be what one would consider tack sharp by OEM standards.

Sorry this blah blah blah doesn't help you much :(
Re: sweet spot sharp posted by John-Morgan May 17, 2011 05:07PM reply | quote
posted by John-Morgan

My guess is that, like most lenses, there are limits to how closed to make the aperture before sacrificing IQ. Assuming diffraction works the same way in LB as in a normal lens, then f/22 will be decidedly less sharp than f/8 with correct focus.

Best,

John

Flickr: http:www.flickr.com/aidanmorgan
Re: sweet spot sharp posted by Superthor May 17, 2011 06:21PM reply | quote
posted by Superthor
I had some focusing problems in the beginning too,but with some practice,its not that bad anymore.
You have to be very prcise when focusing.

TRYING IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS FAILURE.

Homer Simpson

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today