Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 hours ago by Victoria Bell

Re: The Beach

view post

How far to bend the Babies

Newer Topic | Older Topic

How far to bend the Babies posted by Beanmonster November 25, 2008 11:36PM reply | quote
posted by Beanmonster
Hi friends of the Babies,

I wonder if there is any difference in how far the different Babies can be bent? Can one model be bent more then others?

Herb - starving for enlightenment
Re: How far to bend the Babies posted by ranfoto November 26, 2008 02:51AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

BeanyBub : Can one model be bent more then others?

The short answer is "YES", but the real answer is you don't need to Bend much to create good aRt .

So the next question is, why do you need more ?

Think of it this way, Lens Benders give more then they need, it's just movement of parts, but not always aRts....:)
Re: How far to bend the Babies posted by ERIKAB4 December 21, 2008 11:05PM reply | quote
posted by ERIKAB4

Ran is right, less is more with the LB. As a mater of fact, if I overbend, then I run the chance of not getting the sweet spot in focus at all. (I have the LB 2.0)
Re: How far to bend the Babies posted by ljguitar December 31, 2008 05:08AM reply | quote
posted by ljguitar

Beanmonster
...I wonder if there is any difference in how far the different Babies can be bent? Can one model be bent more then others?

Hi Herb...
Yes, and I wish there was a governor on it so I'd be forced to not bend too far. I'm making a concerted effort toward shooting things I can sneak past my wife who really doesn't like distortion or soft focus very much at all.

The height of victory will be when she wants one of my Lensbaby Composer shots for her office wall (because it means she will not be unsettled by the softness).

L a r r y J

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today