Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

3 hours ago by Bob65

Fairground shots

view post

For Marc.....67 mm filter Kodak canister adapter

Newer Topic | Older Topic

For Marc.....67 mm filter Kodak canister adapter posted by ranfoto October 17, 2008 05:01AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Marc: Thanks for asking "how do you do that" ?

So I explained how you could do it on the cheap, but is it in fact the way to go ? I got out the trusty 3G Bender to see if my blah blah blah was in fact or fiction !
The main problem adapting large filters to the front of your Lensbaby is .....as can be seen in the data photos is ....the Bending adjusters are in the way unless you space the filter away from the Lenababy .

The next item is will there be vignetting ? Not as much as you might expect .

Is it worth the effort ? It's a judgement call on how much you intend to use a particular large filter on your LB .

The gaffer tape will eventually get sticky, dry out, make a mess on your filter and let's face it 37mm filters are not that expensive, plentiful and available .......shop online vendors to find the best deals if price is an issue .

Now that you know canisters make for great modifiers for Bending ......create your own tricky mods !

And don't forget to share....hee !

Gosh notice I actually used an OEM lens to snap these data captures......yeah I got lazy on ya' .....back to Bending .
Re: For Marc.....67 mm filter Kodak canister adapter posted by Craig (Admin) October 24, 2008 01:16PM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Randy, this is serious. Thanks for the DIY instructions!

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: For Marc.....67 mm filter Kodak canister adapter posted by ranfoto October 25, 2008 09:33AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Thanks for the Kudos Craigster, sorry about the OEM data fotos ......I think the OEM was on the camera body for dust protection and I needed to see if the camera still functioned in auto mode ....hee .

Not to worry I'm back to Bending my world again .....by the way I also found that 67mm filter on the OEM .....what a waste of good glass ......but maybe it's all an aberration ?
Re: For Marc.....67 mm filter Kodak canister adapter posted by Fugazi October 27, 2008 03:19PM reply | quote
posted by Fugazi

Marc here ... ;-)
Hi Randy, thank you very much for your reply and this perfect explanation.
Really appreciated ...
Re: For Marc.....67 mm filter Kodak canister adapter posted by ranfoto October 27, 2008 04:45PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Marc: you're very welcome, sharing is a big part of Bending.

Did you try it yet or decide the 67mm filter is just too big to attach to our Lensbaby's ? Especially 3G's and the newest LB, the Control Freak !
Re: For Marc.....67 mm filter Kodak canister adapter posted by Fugazi October 28, 2008 03:45PM reply | quote
posted by Fugazi

No, not tried yet : I do not have gaffer tape (yet) ... looked it up on the net .... didn't know what it exactly was ... stupid me ! ;-)

Like you suggested, 37mm filters are not that expensive and I do not like 'messy things' on my filter ! ;-)

Surely, I will try 'your' explanation ... maybe for this one or for another 'effect'.
Thanks to you, things are clear now and I can 'modify' my old canisters (from the film-days ;-)) and convert them into an LB 'accessory' ...

Will be continued ... ;-)
Re: For Marc.....67 mm filter Kodak canister adapter posted by ranfoto October 31, 2008 06:31AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Gaffer Tape: Is a black cloth tape that is non sticky for temporary use, but if left for along time you can expect the bond to become dried out leaving residue firmly in place when you TRY to remove it .

I don't know anyone in the imaging business ....cinema or photography that doesn't use this tape for keeping the jobs rolling forward without delays .

The big difference between this cloth tape and the silver tape sometimes referred to as duct tape is that duct tape is very sticky and won't come off your gear without solvent clean up .

Plus the black color controls light leaks, absorbs flare so it can work like black paint without the hassle of painting and being non sticky in temporary applications makes it perfect for most of us to have it at the ready .

Most pro camera stores carry it, but you may pay a bit more then finding it online at industrial suppliers .

It's not that expensive by the way and also comes in colors other then black . White is good for taping up back grounds, yellow for taping down cords to the floor .....etc etc !
Re: For Marc.....67 mm filter Kodak canister adapter posted by Fugazi November 03, 2008 01:26AM reply | quote
posted by Fugazi

Randy ... thanks (once) again !

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today