Lensbaby Studio Forums

Sweet 35 with Composer/Tilt Transformer on Mirrorless Camera

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sweet 35 with Composer/Tilt Transformer on Mirrorless Camera posted by zonakev April 22, 2014 02:55PM reply | quote
posted by zonakev
I excitedly received my Sweet 35 in the mail today only to see on the package that it is not compatible with mirrorless cameras. Sure enough, it won't focus. While searching the Lensbaby site I came across this: "Macro Converters are required to use Sweet 35 with Composer with Tilt Transformer (for mirrorless cameras)." My questions are...does using the Macro Converters with Sweet 35 on a mirrorless camera really work? Where do the converters attach? Would I use the 8mm converter, 16mm converter, or both? Does anyone have experience with such a set up?

Thanks for your time and reply/replies.

Kevin
Re: Sweet 35 with Composer/Tilt Transformer on Mirrorless Camera posted by sr patife April 22, 2014 09:49PM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

hi, i dont have experience with that setup, but i can give my two cents.

The macro converters arent sold separately, therefore its just a matter of trying (if the 8mm, the 16mm or both attached). The info on the Lensbaby website is pretty accurate, so if they describe it works with macro converters, im sure it does. I checked and it states that the it requires the macro converters on the sweet 35 optic page. Also on the FAQs it states:
"Lensbaby Macro Converters are required when using the Edge 80, Sweet 35 or Fisheye Optics with the Composer with Tilt Transformer. The Macro Converters act as a spacer to set these optics far enough away from the sensor to be able to focus to infinity and will not give you any Macro ability."

The macro converters are attached between the composer and the optic. So its CAMERA>Composer>macro converters>sweet 35. heres the video so you get the idea

Anyway, if it makes more confident, just email Kirsten at lensbaby customer happiness dept using this email customerhappiness@lensbaby.com

hope it helps,

Nuno

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2014 09:51PM by sr patife.
Re: Sweet 35 with Composer/Tilt Transformer on Mirrorless Camera posted by zonakev April 23, 2014 01:40AM reply | quote
posted by zonakev
Thanks for your helpful response, Nuno. I think I'll give the converters a whirl. The only thing I'm still not positive about is whether I use both converters at the same time. Regardless, I'm sure I'll figure it out. Thanks again!

Kevin
Re: Sweet 35 with Composer/Tilt Transformer on Mirrorless Camera posted by sr patife April 23, 2014 03:16AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

Glad to help Kevin.

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast
Re: Sweet 35 with Composer/Tilt Transformer on Mirrorless Camera posted by ranfoto April 23, 2014 08:43AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

I like to use the macro tubes as adapters with many of my Lensbaby hacks on my Sony and Panasonic mirrorless bodies.

I have the LB macro converters too, but would rather use them for close up work when needed, using the less expensive
tubes for adapters that stay with the setup .

Since they all do the same job to achieve focus it becomes just a matter of will it work ?

You know the Lensbaby items will work right, but there are less expensive routes if you search for them .
Re: Sweet 35 with Composer/Tilt Transformer on Mirrorless Camera posted by zonakev April 23, 2014 02:21PM reply | quote
posted by zonakev
Thanks ranfoto. Everything you mentioned makes total sense. I hadn't thought of other options. I've already ordered the macro converters, but will keep your advice in mind.

Kevin

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today