Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 hours ago by Terri

Re: November walk

view post

Scout and Single Glass - is it worth it

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Scout and Single Glass - is it worth it posted by krist March 10, 2014 11:24PM reply | quote
posted by krist
Hello,

I am interested mainly in Single Glass optic and Pinhole. As such I am wondering is it worth it to buy Composer Pro for the Single Glass optic element, or I could go with Scout only at a much tight budget? Will there be big difference in the effect, produced by Single Glass mounted on Scout vs. mounted on Composer Pro?
Re: Scout and Single Glass - is it worth it posted by sr patife March 11, 2014 06:24PM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

using the single glass optic on a Scout, wont allow you to change the location of the sweet spot of focus (it will always be centred on a Scout).

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast
Re: Scout and Single Glass - is it worth it posted by krist March 11, 2014 09:23PM reply | quote
posted by krist
Thank you! I understand that actually, the question was rather: by not moving the sweet spot, will it make so much difference with Single Glass? Anyway, I am going to find that out by myself, because I've found an used Composer at a reasonable price, so I am going to buy also the Single Glass optic, and test it, although I don't care about Scout anymore..
Re: Scout and Single Glass - is it worth it posted by sr patife March 12, 2014 06:11AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

the only difference is the impossibility of changing the sweet spot of focus location. besides that i dont see any other difference.
Share those images when the new toy arrives

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today