Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

9 hours ago by TG-J

Re: Fisheye Star Trails

view post

Q: How to focus with the fisheye object in the dark?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Q: How to focus with the fisheye object in the dark? posted by beyond_Life November 18, 2013 05:04PM reply | quote
posted by beyond_Life
Ive been doing a lot of light painting lately and am finding more and more ways to incorporate the lensbabys I have. Trying to focus with the Double Glass and the Composer Pro in the dark isnt that difficult if you use Live View and zoom in.
But I want to spin steel wool while standing above my camera that aimed up to the sky, with the Fisheye in the Composer Pro, on a tripod as close to the ground as possible.

And here comes the difficult part. Ive noticed that the smaller the size of the aperture (f10 and above) if you look through the camera of life view, its gets harder to focus because the view looks kinda smudgy. The bigger the aperture, the brigther and clearer the view. So you can understand that when I have my camera on the floor on a tripod, trying to focus my 6D through wifi on my phone or tablet, its hard because of the smudgy view. I want as much as possible shap so I use a bigger aperture. Are there any easy ways to do this? Are there people who have done this before? Maybe Im just missing something and this all could be done a lot smarter. But im missing it here :-)

Try www.wiggersrobert.nl. It's so much fun!
Re: Q: How to focus with the fisheye object in the dark? posted by sr patife November 29, 2013 09:59AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

my tip is to use Magic Lantern (theres no stable version for 6D...but you can try the beta/nightly builds). Using magic lantern i advice using the FPS Override feature to increase brightness in the live view, so you can see if focused or not. other way is using magic lantern to change display brightness on Live View in the settings menu.

Nuno Caldeira
Lensbaby Lovers
leavesfromthepresentpast
Re: Q: How to focus with the fisheye object in the dark? posted by ranfoto April 03, 2014 02:14PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

You fellows have gone scfi with Bending....and I was thinking it was all about fun and games.....looks like I've been left in the dark....hee !

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today