Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 days ago by CatGargoyle

Re: November walk

view post

Sony NEX 6 doesn't recognise Lensbaby Composer Pro

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sony NEX 6 doesn't recognise Lensbaby Composer Pro posted by Elisafox October 22, 2013 02:06AM reply | quote
posted by Elisafox
I've just been gifted a Lensbaby Composer Pro for my NEX 6 camera.
When I attempt to take a photo I get the message
' Cannot recognise lens
Attach it properly'
It IS attached properly as far as I can tell. The red spot ends up on the left hand side of the camera body as I hold it. There is a definite click, and the lens is secure - just like any other lens I attach. I can see the subject and focus OK.
What's wrong?
Please help.
Re: Sony NEX 6 doesn't recognise Lensbaby Composer Pro posted by Elisafox October 22, 2013 03:00AM reply | quote
posted by Elisafox
Found the answer! For the NEX 6 at least you have to go into the Settings menu and choose 'release w/o lens'.
I'm really puzzled why this information - which is simple enough - isn't included in the User Guide, which refers Sony/Maxxum users to a mysterious 'insert' that certainly didn't come with the equipment I received.
Re: Sony NEX 6 doesn't recognise Lensbaby Composer Pro posted by Joe Nation October 22, 2013 05:19AM reply | quote
posted by Joe Nation

It seems all ILCs have this same setting, and most either don't tell you or hide it away in a dark corner of the menu. Why they can't just make them work with un-chipped lenses straight out of the box is beyond me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2013 05:20AM by Joe Nation.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today