Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

8 hours ago by Fastback67

Re: The Lutheran Home

view post

Can focus with Double Glass, but not Sweet 35 or Edge 80

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Can focus with Double Glass, but not Sweet 35 or Edge 80 posted by Slang June 30, 2013 02:36PM reply | quote
posted by Slang

I've been using the Composer + Double Glass successfully for 2 years, so thought I'd take Lensbaby a step further by investing in the Composer Pro + Sweet 35 and Edge 80 (hoping for even more reliable tack-sharp focus). But I just can't get them to focus! I can see a sharp image in my viewfinder, but it doesn't translate to the photo. It's not my diopter because it's fine when I put my Composer + Double Glass back on.

Could it be a problem with the installation of the optics? Something seems to be off but I can't work out what it is. The mechanism works smoothly. I haven't removed my Double Glass optic from the original Composer because both my new optics came with their own Composer Pro (Canon mount).

Any ideas? Thanks!

Sarah Lang
Re: Can focus with Double Glass, but not Sweet 35 or Edge 80 posted by ranfoto July 02, 2013 08:22AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Sarah....something sounds stuck, but both optics not focusing
on different Composer Pro's....all I can say is take everything apart then see why you're not getting optic movement or back focus....if the optics move then you should be able to get focus.

Pop in the double glass from your Composer into the Pro Lensbaby's...does it focus ?

Put the Edge 80 in the original Composer...focus ?

By trial and error you should be able to find where the problem is !!!
Re: Can focus with Double Glass, but not Sweet 35 or Edge 80 posted by Kirsten (Admin) July 02, 2013 08:59AM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

Hi Sarah,
Did you get the Pro Effects Kit? Have you tried the Macro Converters? You might have the 8mm convertor stuck in there.

Kirsten Hunter
Director of Customer Happiness

See more of my work on my blog:
www.livefrombeechstreet.blogspot.com

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today