Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

10 hours ago by Chelle

Re: Edge 80 - Transportation

view post

Cleaning a Composer Pro body. How?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Cleaning a Composer Pro body. How? posted by beyond_Life May 30, 2013 05:50PM reply | quote
posted by beyond_Life
A few days ago I slipped and dropped my Composer Pro in a pile of sand. I was changing bodies at that moment so there wasnt a cap/optic attached. The body was filled with sand when I picked it up. I tipped it over and let the sand out. I put it away very carefully not to touch the rest anymore to avoid any scratches. Thats also the reason I dont want to go inside the body with a brush or cloth. And Im hesitent to get into action with compressed air and just blow it out. Sand that moves around quickly through compressed air can still cause damage to the optics in the body.

So I was wondering what would happen is I just flushed the body out with water?

I could ask this directly to Lensbaby. I know Kirsten would be happy to answer me, but I wanted to tell you guys this, to let you know ALWAYS (Realy, always) change lenses/body (lensbaby or not) above a table protected with a towel or anything. Thats the way I always do. But this time I thought I could switch quick to not miss the moment. I f*cked up. Big time.
Re: Cleaning a Composer Pro body. How? posted by ranfoto June 04, 2013 02:21PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Oooops....there's lots of nooks and crannies in the Composer Pro body for sand to hide out in !

Water and soap....I don't think so....corrosion problems, unless you take all the screws out to clean everything.

Do you want to take a chance on some grains of sand getting into your DSLR body.....not good at all ?

Maybe get a very very soft artist paint brush to gently brush away any grains, then use some 70% isopropyl alcohol with a swab or soft cotton cloth to clean, then use some low pressure air to blow out any other residue remaining .

So what did you do to restore your Baby back to health ?
Re: Cleaning a Composer Pro body. How? posted by hp July 04, 2013 05:36PM reply | quote
posted by hp

Compressed air i guess would be a safe start.....On that note, i once dropped my composer with fisheye optic in a pond filled with algea, both survived intact, after some carefull blow drying at the hotel. At first Composer body was a bit creeky but that seemed to resolve over time. Fisheye didn't even leak.
*Note to self: make sure everything is properly attached before pointing camera down....*

Harm
[www.kujaja.com]
[500px.com] [jpgmag.com]

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today