Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

16 hours ago by TG-J

Re: side light to flare

view post

How do I use Composer with creative aperture for fireworks?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

How do I use Composer with creative aperture for fireworks? posted by Lynette February 27, 2013 07:42AM reply | quote
posted by Lynette
I'm pretty new to photography, and am going to Disney World next Friday, I bought the Composer, Optic swap and creative apertures. I need to know what is my best bet for the fireworks....what setting etc. Thank you!!!
Re: How do I use Composer with creative aperture for fireworks? posted by sr patife February 27, 2013 09:19PM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

hi, assuming you know the basics to photograph fireworks, check here some basics if you dont know.
Regarding the Lensbaby specs, if i were you i would try out first the creative apertures with city lights or such, to see what pleases you. Are you using the creative apertures that comes with the pack or are you cutting them yourself? Keep in mind that the less light that the aperture design has (also the lower the F, the sweet spot of focus decreases in Lensbaby). if the design of the custom aperture is a equivalent, lets say F5.6 the balance between the shutter speed and the sweet spot should be enough to get a sharp image on the sweet spot and the creative aperture "bokeh" in the out of focus area. so if, lets say you are taking a photo with a shutter speed of 1/250, the aperture needs to provide enough light.
Summing it all up its a balance between shutter speed, aperture design and the fireworks burst duration.

hope it helped to shade some light on the subject.

also, dont forget to bring a tripod with you.
Re: How do I use Composer with creative aperture for fireworks? posted by beyond_Life May 30, 2013 05:55PM reply | quote
posted by beyond_Life
Lynette, care to tell how the experiment went?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today