Latest Post

5 hours ago by PBlais

Sweet 50 with marco rings

view post

EDGE 80 problem :-(

Newer Topic | Older Topic

EDGE 80 problem :-( posted by sumn_pink December 07, 2012 06:35PM reply | quote
posted by sumn_pink
PLEASE what am i doing wrong? MY images are sometimes very blurry sometimes very bright sometimes very dark...what i have to adjust in my camera to take the perfect picture? I am using Nikon D5100 composer pro+edge 80 optic.

Thank you very much
Re: EDGE 80 problem :-( posted by sr patife December 07, 2012 10:23PM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

sumn_pink
PLEASE what am i doing wrong? MY images are sometimes very blurry sometimes very bright sometimes very dark...what i have to adjust in my camera to take the perfect picture? I am using Nikon D5100 composer pro+edge 80 optic.

Thank you very much
check this
[lensbaby.com]
your "sweet spot" is not focused as it should, guess you need to pratice more with it, it has a learning curve, since its manual focus.
are you shooting in Manual Mode?
dont give up, perfection requires times and effort

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2012 10:25PM by sr patife.
Re: EDGE 80 problem :-( posted by altprocess December 07, 2012 11:22PM reply | quote
posted by altprocess

I was having a somewhat similar problem after using my lensbaby successfully for a while. It turned out that the diopter on my eye piece had been accidently moved. So what I thought was focused correctly was really focused at a -1 on the diopter. I hope this helps.
Re: EDGE 80 problem :-( posted by photosnod December 31, 2012 01:49AM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

try shooting in aperture priority for your exposure issues. also if you take multiple shots tweaking the focus ever so slightly you should get a couple sharp images. this will act like your auto focus lenses that re focus for you in this case you are the auto focus:)
Re: EDGE 80 problem :-( posted by Lorna Taylor January 11, 2013 05:36AM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

The composer will only work in Manual mode on the 5100 and you just need to use the dial to control the shutter to adjust for the light , it is a lot like being back in film and you are going to have to get used to what shutter speed goes with which aperture for each lighting situation.

Keep at it you will get there.Good Luck !

Cheers

My Flickr Page

www.taylorimages.ca
Re: EDGE 80 problem :-( posted by sr patife February 27, 2013 09:39PM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

if you tilt up the composer with Edge 80 you will get a more "darker" photo, if tilted down you get a more lighter photo. anyone agree?
Re: EDGE 80 problem :-( posted by Mike Bokeh May 26, 2013 03:31AM reply | quote
posted by Mike Bokeh

Summ_pink, the best advice I can offer, is to use a tripod as often as you can, and to do a few practice sessions in which you write down the f stop and shutter speed. Write it all down manually; pretend there's no EXIF.

Take your time, and practice focusing.

Lenmsbabies take a little time to become familiar with, but they are very worth it.

DO NOT give up.

I was very frustrated with my 3-G when I first got it, but am now delighted with it.

Lensbabies will make you a better photographer.

Mike

Lensbabies make you think.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today