Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

4 hours ago by beyond_Life

Dragons Blood

view post

using Lensbaby Fisheye

Newer Topic | Older Topic

using Lensbaby Fisheye posted by meg@megmckinneyphotos.com August 14, 2012 02:13AM reply | quote
Greetings to Lensbaby!

I just got the Fisheye with the Scout lens. It's so cool. On Sunday evening I was photographing a jazz event in a bar, and used the Sweet 35 and also the Fisheye/Scout lenses.

My problem: on the Fisheye, the outer edge isn't black, like you see in most fisheye photographs. It's grey, and also shows metal ridges, like the edges of the lens.

Is there a setting that makes the outer edge black, so the fisheye image will "pop"?

Thanks so much.

Meg McKinney
Re: using Lensbaby Fisheye posted by Samurai Photographer August 14, 2012 03:14AM reply | quote
Hi Meg,
What application do you use to post-process your images? I use Lightroom and do two things with my Fisheye images:
1. Crop the image to 1:1 format. This changes the image to a square which gets rid of the extraneous outer area.
2. I apply a vignette to the image. This darkens the outer area of the image and usually turns it totally black.

Doug Sahlin
Author of Mastering the Lensbaby: A step-by-step guide to mastering the Lensbaby and becoming a more creative photographer.The book is available at the Amazon Kindle store. to find out more about the book or to download a sample chapter, click here: [amzn.to]

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today