Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

5 hours ago by Chelle

Re: Edge 80 - Transportation

view post

composer and tilt transformer for 4/3

Newer Topic | Older Topic

composer and tilt transformer for 4/3 posted by photolloyd1 July 18, 2012 02:03AM reply | quote
posted by photolloyd1
I can find little information about this unit so I have some questions. Can this tilt transformer be used with 4/3 lenses as well as a 4/3 body? Does the composer lens come off the tilt transformer to allow the 4/3 lens to fit? Is the Olympus 50mm f2.0 4/3 lens suitable for tilting and macro work? Can I use Olympus macro extensions with the tilt transformer?
Re: composer and tilt transformer for 4/3 posted by Kirsten (Admin) July 18, 2012 02:29AM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

Hi there,

The Composer with Tilt Transformer is for Micro Four Thirds and takes Nikon lenses.

Kirsten Hunter
Director of Customer Happiness

See more of my work on my blog:
www.livefrombeechstreet.blogspot.com
Re: composer and tilt transformer for 4/3 posted by picnic August 11, 2012 08:31AM reply | quote
posted by picnic
To explain further (since I have one), the tilt transformer takes Nikon lenses only, not m4/3 or 4/3. The TT is in m4/3 mount and then ITS mount is for a Nikon lens. You also have a separate unit called Front Focus which mounts into the TT and essentially makes a Composer.

I really enjoy the Tilt converter with a Nikkor 28/2 and 24/2.8 but unfortunately it will not mount on my new Olympus OMD--it won't fit under the EVF. I will continue to use it with my Panasonic G3 though.

Diane
Re: composer and tilt transformer for 4/3 posted by Marcum August 12, 2012 12:07PM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

picnic
To explain further (since I have one), the tilt transformer takes Nikon lenses only, not m4/3 or 4/3. The TT is in m4/3 mount and then ITS mount is for a Nikon lens. You also have a separate unit called Front Focus which mounts into the TT and essentially makes a Composer.

I really enjoy the Tilt converter with a Nikkor 28/2 and 24/2.8 but unfortunately it will not mount on my new Olympus OMD--it won't fit under the EVF. I will continue to use it with my Panasonic G3 though.

Diane

The tilt transformer/composer is no longer in production according to Kristen Hunter at Lensbaby, however, for the OM-D there is a composer pro that will work with the Lensbaby optics, but not with Nikon lenses.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today