Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

3 hours ago by stinamarie27

Playing in the rain

view post

Leica M lens via Nikon adapter on Tilt Transformer on 4/3 camera

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Leica M lens via Nikon adapter on Tilt Transformer on 4/3 camera posted by confusedbxl July 14, 2012 01:18AM reply | quote
posted by confusedbxl
I was wondering if it would be possible to use Leica M lenses with the Lensbaby Tilt Transformer on a 4/3 camera via this proposed combination:

Leica M lens - Leica M to Nikon F mount adapter - Tilt Transformer - Panasonic GF1 (micro 4/3 camera mount)

?

Would that combination be useable?

Many thanks in advance!
Re: Leica M lens via Nikon adapter on Tilt Transformer on 4/3 camera posted by Marcum July 15, 2012 01:33PM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

Not real sure, the adapter between the TT and the lens may act as an extension accessory, and it may not. I have used a Nikon mount Scout and several LB optics on my OM Pen mft with the TT and it seems to focus normally.

BTW, I have been told manufacture of the TT/C or TT alone has been dropped in favor of a Composer Pro for the mft cameras and NEX cameras, so if you want one better grab one soon; I recommend the TT/C as it will allow use of the other LB optics. I communicated with Kirsten Hunter to help me obtain a Composer front for my TT, hopefully they will find one some where.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....
Re: Leica M lens via Nikon adapter on Tilt Transformer on 4/3 camera posted by picnic July 15, 2012 10:49PM reply | quote
posted by picnic
I posted in the general discussion that my TT/FF wont fit my new m4/3 camera, the Olympus EM5. I just really enjoyed using it with my Panasonic G3 (and earlier m4/3 bodies, the G1 and GF1) and am sad that it won't fit (under the slightly overhanging EVF) since the remarkable IBIS of my new camera would be wonderful with the TT/Nikkor. I do have an old Composer in 4/3 mount that I used with a 4/3 to m4/3 adapter so will still have a Lensbaby Composer but lose the ability to tilt with the Nikkor which I used more.

I had just bought the macro converters so I can use the fisheye optic in the TT, but ce la vie. Maybe down the road I will look at a new Pro Composer but I still have lost the ability to tilt--and I was able to use it with a lot of patience much like the tilt on my Canon TSEs.

Diane

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2012 10:54PM by picnic.
Re: Leica M lens via Nikon adapter on Tilt Transformer on 4/3 camera posted by Marcum August 12, 2012 12:27PM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

picnic
I posted in the general discussion that my TT/FF wont fit my new m4/3 camera, the Olympus EM5. I just really enjoyed using it with my Panasonic G3 (and earlier m4/3 bodies, the G1 and GF1) and am sad that it won't fit (under the slightly overhanging EVF) since the remarkable IBIS of my new camera would be wonderful with the TT/Nikkor. I do have an old Composer in 4/3 mount that I used with a 4/3 to m4/3 adapter so will still have a Lensbaby Composer but lose the ability to tilt with the Nikkor which I used more.

I had just bought the macro converters so I can use the fisheye optic in the TT, but ce la vie. Maybe down the road I will look at a new Pro Composer but I still have lost the ability to tilt--and I was able to use it with a lot of patience much like the tilt on my Canon TSEs.

Diane

Diane, I posted quoting your other post that a composer pro is available for the OM-D so you can use the Lensbaby optics on the OM-D mft. Unfortunately, you cannot connect Nikon lenses to a composer pro.

I use a Novaflex mft to Nikon adapter on my OM Pen and have connected the Scout or the Composer Pro, which I use for my DSLR N 3100; this combination works well, if a bit cumbersome. One aspect is that you do not need the macro converters on the Edge 80, fish eye, or sweet 35 as is required on the tt/c body on a MFT camera with this set up and can change up faster than re-configuring for those optics that require the macro converters to attain infinity focus.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today