Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

9 hours ago by strelar

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

Macro kit or Macro converters

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Macro kit or Macro converters posted by longsight June 28, 2012 07:21PM reply | quote
posted by longsight

Hi i've just ordered a Lensbaby Control Freak and i would really like to do a lot of macro stuff with it . Nothing too extreme maybe flowers and water droplets etc .

I don't know which to choose between the Macro Kit or the Macro Converters .

Any help would be much appreciated .

[www.martinsandersonphotography.co.uk]

[www.lakelandgalleries.co.uk]

[www.facebook.com]
Re: Macro kit or Macro converters posted by CatGargoyle June 28, 2012 08:43PM reply | quote
posted by CatGargoyle

longsight,

For what it is worth:

I went down the filter route instead of the converter. Gives me a bit more flexibility. There are times I just want to be closer to the subject, not necessarily in macro mode.

Cat
Re: Macro kit or Macro converters posted by Marcum July 01, 2012 11:22AM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

I have both accessories; I use the converters more than the macro lenses, but then occasionally I use both. I find the .6X, .42X wide angle and 1.6X telephoto accessories most helpful due to the crop factor on most cameras without full frame sensors, especially my OM Pen MFTs.

One thing about the macro converters, they are necessary when using a tilt transformer on a Micro Four Thirds to achieve infinity focus with the Fish eye, Edge 80, and sweet 35 if I remember correctly.

They're are not needed on other lens holders, muse, CF, Composer pro, on DSLRs except for macro work.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today