Latest Post

22 hours ago by TG-J

Re: Fisheye Star Trails

view post

Finding sweet spot

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Finding sweet spot posted by Knmcnabb April 14, 2012 09:14AM reply | quote
posted by Knmcnabb
Hello, I'm a Lensbaby newbie. Bought the composer pro, fisheye and assesory kit at Imaging USA and haven't mastered it. Please tell me this is a more you use better you get? My main issue is getting the sweet spot where I want it. for example my model yesterday would have her necklace in sharp focus instead of her face I thought was sharp. any tricks or tips on this? Also as a portrait photog I always use auto focus so the manual is new, is the focus indicator in the camera usful? (Nikon d700) I know it means something is in focus but not exactly what I intended. If i use 8 apereature or higher, it never indicates focus. Next question may be silly, but do you completely ignore your grid focus bracet?

Thanks for your help and I'm excited to go see some of your images on this forum.
Re: Finding sweet spot posted by photosnod April 14, 2012 01:35PM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

You will find it isn't that difficult once you get over your addiction to auto focus ha ha practice, practice don't forget to set your camera to aperture priority for the first while. try shooting straight on at first also go to the how to videos on the lensbaby site.hope this helps
Re: Finding sweet spot posted by Knmcnabb April 15, 2012 10:55AM reply | quote
posted by Knmcnabb
Thank you! I've pretty good at center now, just have to master the tilt
Re: Finding sweet spot posted by AlphaBart April 22, 2012 11:32PM reply | quote
posted by AlphaBart
Good that you're getting the hang of it!

In my opinion because you're using Manual / Aperture mode and Manual Focus and Tilting it is more likely to get unsharp fotos when the shuttertime is slow. Make sure you keep an eye on the light conditions and shuttertime to get rid of motion blur, or use a good tripod.

Regards

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today