9 hours ago by Sophia_Pudding

Re: IT Geek

view post

Moving the sweet spot.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Moving the sweet spot. posted by dutch_dan March 30, 2012 04:41PM reply | quote
posted by dutch_dan

Hi guys,

Got my lensbaby yesterday, wondering how people go about moving the sweet spot, do you focus first and then move the spot followed by re-adjusting the focus, or move it first then focus, it seems that focusing after moving is quite challenging... or that may just be me..

Thanks,
Dan.
Re: Moving the sweet spot. posted by BFCoughlin March 31, 2012 10:46AM reply | quote
posted by BFCoughlin
I'm not sure which Lensbaby you're using. I have the Muse, but I think this technique would work for the others as well. First I ficus on the subject with it centered in the viewfinder, When the focus is crisp, I moved the camera so that the subject is where I want it to be in the photo; then I tilt the lens so the subject comes back into focus again and snap the picture. I must give credit where credit is due--I learned this from the Lensbaby book that's on sale on the site. It is a very worthy investment.
Re: Moving the sweet spot. posted by dutch_dan March 31, 2012 03:09PM reply | quote
posted by dutch_dan

Thanks,

I had another play yesterday and moving the spot is going to take some getting used to, I keep finding myself trying to focus and recompose after moving the spot like I would with a normal lens, I guess my brain - eye coordination hasn't caught up to the idea of the lensbaby yet!

Take care,
Dan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2012 03:10PM by dutch_dan.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today