Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

28 minutes ago by Marisa Bennett

How do I...

view post

Using my Lensbaby with a non-DSLR for travel

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Using my Lensbaby with a non-DSLR for travel posted by goldenmom March 02, 2012 11:06AM reply | quote
posted by goldenmom

My husband and I are going to Ireland and Paris this spring. I plan to bring my Nikon D700, a wide-angle lens, and my Lensbaby lenses and optics. I was thinking that it might be good to have two cameras, my DSLR with a regular len (for impromptu family shots that require autofocus) and one for artistic Lensbaby shots. I think it's possible to use Lensbabys with other types of cameras. For example, I think I can buy a Sony camera with the Sony Lensbaby Composer and then use my existing optics. I've also read that the Nikon V1 has a converter that will allow me to use existing Nikon lenses, which I assume includes my Nikon-mount Lensbaby Composer.

Anyone using a similar setup--that is, a non-DSLR? How is it working for you?
Re: Using my Lensbaby with a non-DSLR for travel posted by OdzBodkinz March 16, 2012 09:20AM reply | quote
posted by OdzBodkinz

You should buy a cheap m4/3 camera, like an E-pl1, and use your LB with a Nikon converter. The m4/3 cams have good IQ. Almost all of my recent stuff posted here is with a m4/3 cam.
Re: Using my Lensbaby with a non-DSLR for travel posted by Marcum March 25, 2012 01:34PM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

Ditto on OdzB's suggestion. I use a OM Pen PL-1 with the TT/C (I put away the kit lens for the Pen). I can use my Nikon lenses on the TT and center it for snapshots/whatever, and still tilt to gain some artistic slices of focus, then too I have all the other LB optics to use in the composer section for sweet spot photos. If you plan to use the edge 80, fisheye, or sweet 35 in the TT/C you will need both the macro converters in order to focus them.

Hope this helps.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....
Re: Using my Lensbaby with a non-DSLR for travel posted by AlphaBart April 22, 2012 11:59PM reply | quote
posted by AlphaBart
I use a Sony Nex Camera as a Lensbaby only camera, because it has an APS-C sensor with only a 1.5x crop factor. I love it.
Re: Using my Lensbaby with a non-DSLR for travel posted by Marcum April 30, 2012 08:25AM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

AlphaBart
I use a Sony Nex Camera as a Lensbaby only camera, because it has an APS-C sensor with only a 1.5x crop factor. I love it.

Wish I could afford that, but the crop factor isn't a major concern for me. The images print well to 11X14 with the 2x crop, at a lower cost too using the OM Pen.

I would say one's budget factors into the decision for most of us.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today