Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

3 hours ago by Kirsten

Re: Roma - Forum Romanum

view post

Composer Pro Tilt lock ring hard to turn

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Composer Pro Tilt lock ring hard to turn posted by celentt February 28, 2012 04:05PM reply | quote
posted by celentt
Is it just me or is the ring on the Composer Pro that locks the tilt in place a bit too hard (resistive) to turn? Does it loosen up in time?

It's quite thing and I find myself struggling to lock/unlock the tilt mechanism without accidentally turning the whole lensbaby or focus ring...
Re: Composer Pro Tilt lock ring hard to turn posted by Marcum February 29, 2012 07:13AM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

I have not noticed any resistance in mine when the lock is fully loosened clockwise (looking through the view finder), I keep a bit of tension on the ball to make it easier to adjust tilt in smaller increments.

Turning the lock ring all the way clockwise fully loosens the ball, I keep mine tightened counter clockwise about half way when working and locked in the center when in the bag or for carry.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....
Re: Composer Pro Tilt lock ring hard to turn posted by celentt February 29, 2012 11:07AM reply | quote
posted by celentt
Hrm I will keep trying it for another week. At the moment it is so hard it feels like I'm opening a frozen jar
Re: Composer Pro Tilt lock ring hard to turn posted by Marcum February 29, 2012 12:08PM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

celentt
Hrm I will keep trying it for another week. At the moment it is so hard it feels like I'm opening a frozen jar

Then something is wrong; the locking ring has some resistance on mine, but not so much that I cannot turn it with my thumb and fore finger.

I initially thought you were saying the composer was hard to move, now I realize it is specifically the locking ring, my pardon for my confusing first post.

By the way, I have arthritic and nerve damaged hands,so if I can turn the locking ring then if ou are in good health and younger, there should be no problem turning the ring.

I hope you find a solution.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today