Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

17 hours ago by PBlais

Re: #BlurOnPurpose Series

view post

Lensbaby reversed focus direction

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Lensbaby reversed focus direction posted by celentt February 28, 2012 04:02PM reply | quote
posted by celentt
I am really not used to how the focus ring is turned in the opposite direction when focusing with the lensbaby.

On a normal lens, with the camera pointed at my subject, the focus ring is turned clockwise to focus on something further away, and anti clockwise to focus on something that's closer.

This is the other way around on the lensbaby... issit just me?
Re: Lensbaby reversed focus direction posted by celentt February 28, 2012 09:06PM reply | quote
posted by celentt
So let me correct myself, I feel that it is reversed because I'm a Nikon user and have never tried the others...

So I guess it's my own fault =)
Re: Lensbaby reversed focus direction posted by Marcum February 28, 2012 10:05PM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

On a normal lens, with the camera pointed at my subject, the focus ring is turned clockwise to focus on something further away, and anti clockwise to focus on something that's closer.

This is the other way around on the lensbaby... is it just me?

Celent, I shoot with Nikons too. The Lensbaby focus is full clockwise looking from through the viewfinder for close focus and counter clockwise for focus towards infinity, so you are correct it is reversed in the lensbaby vs Nikkor lenses.

Hope this answers your inquiry.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....
Re: Lensbaby reversed focus direction posted by TG-J (Admin) February 28, 2012 10:17PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

That means !!! Maybe I could get used to a Canon ? :) HEHE. tony

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today