Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

26 minutes ago by oliver tudoras

Re: Fancy Dress

view post

Please Help!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Please Help! posted by lifethroughexposure December 24, 2011 08:34PM reply | quote
Hi everyone!
Im so new to all this. My mom gave me the lensbaby muse as a present, and I have a sony a200 dSLR. She purchased the right one (I believe), but my camera is saying that it does not recognize the lens.
How can I fix this?
Thanks!
Re: Please Help! posted by Regivar December 25, 2011 12:34AM reply | quote
posted by Regivar

I've got a Panasonic Lumix g1 and I had the same problem. Go to the camera menu and select "shoot without lens". It works for my camera, I hope it works for you too.
Good luck!

... use your imagination...

[www.flickr.com]
Re: Please Help! posted by Crabcakes December 25, 2011 11:12AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

There is no "shoot without lense" option in the menus on the a200 to my knowledge. This has come up before with various Sony dslrs. Kind of silly--the a100 and a700 both came with this option. Seems like sony decided to dumb down their later models...

Found this though:

[www.alphamountworld.com]

Sounds like Manual mode is your only option.
But hey--Manual shooting is a great way to learn a lot about exposure.

Hope this helps you enjoy your new Baby--
Cheers,

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2011 11:15AM by Crabcakes.
Re: Please Help! posted by bigtalljohn December 26, 2011 06:44AM reply | quote
posted by bigtalljohn

is there a apeture priority mode that should work, I believe the camera works with old minolta lens so it should work with no electrical contact in aperture ormanual mode.
Re: Please Help! posted by wisteriax December 27, 2011 03:23AM reply | quote
posted by wisteriax
Hi there,
I just got the Muse for my Nikon D3000 and experienced the same issue. Even in Aperture mode, the camera does not recognize the lens.

I am able to use it in Manual mode though. And it has been very good practice for learning how to set exposure!

Hope that you can get yours to work.
Re: Please Help! posted by cameronehmig December 31, 2011 10:13PM reply | quote
posted by cameronehmig

Manual mode is the only option for most of the entry level DSLRs. I have a D3000 also, but I always shoot in manual anyway. To check for exposure, I usually just take some unfocused photos first, change the shutter speed appropriately, then focus and capture. Eventually, guessing exposure comes naturally, and you will know what shutter speed works in certain lighting conditions. Or, just shoot in RAW.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today