Latest Post

4 hours ago by CatGargoyle

The Lutheran Home

view post

Scout or Composer???

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Scout or Composer??? posted by Aaron92 December 19, 2011 06:08PM reply | quote
posted by Aaron92
Hey, I'm new to lensbaby and can't make my mine up with what to buy 1st the composer or the scout? Anyone got any suggestions?
Re: Scout or Composer??? posted by hebphoto December 19, 2011 06:41PM reply | quote
posted by hebphoto

If you end up buying the composer make it the Composer Pro
so much better in the construction & Focusing
Re: Scout or Composer??? posted by Aaron92 December 19, 2011 08:10PM reply | quote
posted by Aaron92
Slight problem with that, because I'd be buying it from jessops they don't have the composer pro, they only have the muse, scout, composer, or control freak :(
Re: Scout or Composer??? posted by bigtalljohn December 27, 2011 01:30AM reply | quote
posted by bigtalljohn

What type of images are you after, I got the 3G(control freak) so that I can move the focusing very accurately for macro and product shots. I shoot on a tripod and tether the camera to a lappie for instant feedback.
I know its not a scout or composer but you need to think what are you going to do with it, then the decision is easier

[bigtalljohn.co.uk]

Do I care enough, or do I care too much to handle failure.
Re: Scout or Composer??? posted by Michael from Lensbaby (Admin) December 27, 2011 09:24AM reply | quote
Hi Aaron,
The Scout comes with a Fisheye optic which produces, well,
fisheye photos. The Composer comes with the Double Glass optic which gives you the selective focus effect that most photographers refer to as the "Lensbaby look" - like this.
You can always buy a Fisheye Optic and put it in your Composer or buy a Double Glass optic for your Scout but it'll be cheaper (and a little easier) to get the Scout if you're looking for a Fisheye and a Composer if you want selective focus.
Let us know what you decide!
Re: Scout or Composer??? posted by Joe Nation January 01, 2012 12:46AM reply | quote
posted by Joe Nation

Simple answer: if you only want fisheye, get the Scout. If you want anything else (and why wouldn't you? :) ) get the Composer.

You can use the fisheye optic with the Composer pointed dead ahead and get the same results as a Scout, and you can still tilt if you want to. Composer Pro is a great lens but I'd have no hesitation in recommending the regular Composer too.
Re: Scout or Composer??? posted by Aaron92 January 11, 2012 01:06AM reply | quote
posted by Aaron92
hey guys thanks for input and everything; i decided to go for the composer pro but got an optic set aswel >.< however as it only came few days ago and i've had a landscape project deadline i havent had a chance to use it properly :( but that shall soon be sorted tomorrow :D :D will soon upload a few images aswel asap >.<

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today