Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

1 week ago by jffoto

Re: Tulipmania

view post

tilt transformer and lens

Newer Topic | Older Topic

tilt transformer and lens posted by aphoto December 10, 2011 10:33AM reply | quote
posted by aphoto
does the tilt transformer work best with any particular focal length Nikon lens? Is a wide better than a long zoom ect ? better in the sense that you see the tilt part... thank you
Re: tilt transformer and lens posted by Kirsten (Admin) December 14, 2011 02:55AM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

All Nikon mount lenses will work with the Tilt Transformer. However, wide angle zoom lenses that do not have close focus capabilities can have trouble focusing to infinity when shooting at wider focal lengths, approximately 24mm and wider, especially when shooting at very wide open apertures.

Kirsten Hunter
Director of Customer Happiness

See more of my work on my blog:
www.livefrombeechstreet.blogspot.com
Re: tilt transformer and lens posted by Craig (Admin) December 14, 2011 03:49AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

I use a Tokina 10-17mm zoom a lot on my GH1 with Tilt Transformer. It has very good close focusing capabilities for a zoom so there is no issue there. The issue is when a wider than 24mm lens does not focus closer than 1 foot when used on a Nikon SLR. When this lens is used on the Tilt Transformer, it will always be focused BEYOND infinity. Most subjects I have encountered reside in the distance between myself and infinity :).

Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: tilt transformer and lens posted by picnic December 21, 2011 04:43AM reply | quote
posted by picnic
I'm a Canon and m4/3 shooter so had to buy 2 used Nikkors. I bought a 24/2.8 and 35/2. I especially like the 35 on my m4/3s with tilt.

Diane
Re: tilt transformer and lens posted by donnaolm December 29, 2011 06:35AM reply | quote
posted by donnaolm

I love my tilt transformer and so far that 50/1.8 and the 35/1.8 are the only lenses I have tried. I've been so pleased with the 35/1.8 that I have no bothered to try any of my other Nikon glass. It's lovely for portraits and events.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today