Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

1 hour ago by TG-J

Re: 63 Split Window Corvette

view post

Which kind of lensbaby to make tilt shift for time lapse (toy town-people effect)?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Which kind of lensbaby to make tilt shift for time lapse (toy town-people effect)? posted by matteolex August 30, 2011 07:28PM reply | quote
posted by matteolex
Hi,
i would buy lensbaby to make time lapse with tilt shift, and i would realize "toy town-people effect" like this beauty video

But i dont understand which kind of lensbaby and which kind of lens-value buy for this work.
I shot with a DSRL canon eos 60D.
Could someone help me please?

Thank you
Re: Which kind of lensbaby to make tilt shift for time lapse (toy town-people effect)? posted by Michael from Lensbaby (Admin) September 01, 2011 03:44AM reply | quote
Hi Matt, I'd suggest either a Composerwith the Sweet 35 or a Composer Pro with Sweet 35 Optic for your Canon. The Sweet 35's wider angle will make it easier to get the whole scene in the frame.

To make the miniaturized effect really noticeable I'd shoot the scene from above and tilt the lens down. You'll have to crop the images to fit them in the HD video aspect ratio (16:9) so you'll lose a fair bit of blur. When you crop try to make sure your sweet spot extends to at least one of the image borders so as to create the shallow depth of field look you're going for.
Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2011 04:23AM by Michael from Lensbaby.
Re: Which kind of lensbaby to make tilt shift for time lapse (toy town-people effect)? posted by matteolex September 01, 2011 03:33PM reply | quote
posted by matteolex
thank you Michael!
of course i will shot scene from above but 35 mm should be 50 mm angle on aps-c format so: Do you think that the 35 mm (50 on aps-c) need also "wide angle accessories" to help me with miniature or is it not necessary on aps-c?

Ciao from Italy!
Mat

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today