Latest Post

8 hours ago by strelar

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

Help for a newby

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Help for a newby posted by cheffrosty July 20, 2011 05:18PM reply | quote
posted by cheffrosty
So, I am relatively new to the feild of advanced photography, and have just discovered the Lensbaby... at 1 AM.

So... being that it is 1 AM, I may figure this out by morning, but I will post this anyways.

The "Composer" with Tilt Transformer looks like an amazing system, and, for onyl $350, it doesn't look like it cannot be beat! However, I am not sure if the info page meant "For Panasonic Lumix™ G Micro System, Olympus PEN® and Sony® ? NEX digital cameras." were the ONLY lenses that can be attached.

Please respond ASAP,
Thank you!
Re: Help for a newby posted by hp July 20, 2011 05:24PM reply | quote
posted by hp

It only exists for those camera's (micro four-thirds, so not for DSLR. You can attach Nikon lenses only.
Re: Help for a newby posted by Joe Nation July 21, 2011 12:58AM reply | quote
posted by Joe Nation

You can fit a normal Composer to a range of digital and 35mm SLRs; the Tilt Transformer/Composer is just for Micro 4/3rds (Olympus Pen, Lumix G Micro) and Sony NEX cameras (something to do with flange distance and other technical stuff I won't pretend to understand).

So if you have one of those three, it's the Tilt Transformer/Composer you're after, anything else (Pentax, Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Samsung, Sony Alpha etc), you'll want a normal Composer (or Muse, Control Freak or Scout).
Re: Help for a newby posted by cheffrosty July 21, 2011 10:03AM reply | quote
posted by cheffrosty
OOOOOH... that sucks... so can you attach a nikon lens to the normal Composer? I really like the Tilt transformer option, but I'm not looking for a 4/3rd camera mount.

Again, thank you.
Re: Help for a newby posted by hp July 21, 2011 03:09PM reply | quote
posted by hp

Nikon lenses only fit on the tilt-transformer, not on the normal composer. The normal composer is a lot of fun though!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today