Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

20 hours ago by ebby62

Re: Paris 2014

view post

How to stick an af confirm chip on a canon mount composer ?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

How to stick an af confirm chip on a canon mount composer ? posted by tomtom July 18, 2011 08:07PM reply | quote
posted by tomtom
does anyone already did that or have a nice howto ?
can I safely unscrew the eos adaptator ring out of the composer ?

thanks
Re: How to stick an af confirm chip on a canon mount composer ? posted by Craig (Admin) July 23, 2011 07:03AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

When you remove the Composer's mount, first tighten the tension on the ball. If you don't you may have a difficult time getting it all back together again.

There are three small compression springs that will need to go back in to the same holes that they are seated in (pay attention to this as there are either two or three holes of varying depths for each spring. They should all three be in the same hole in each of the three locations (all in left, all in middle, assuming there is a middle, all in right holes).

Do not overtighten the mount screws when you put the mount back together. One of the screws can be stripped if too much pressure is put on the driver.

Hope I got to you in time to save a more difficult reassembly.

Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: How to stick an af confirm chip on a canon mount composer ? posted by tomtom July 31, 2011 04:20AM reply | quote
posted by tomtom
Thank you very much for your answer !
I received the chip this week and did not try to remove the ring yet :)
I now have to look for the correct way to glue the chip on the ring !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2011 04:26AM by tomtom.
Re: How to stick an af confirm chip on a canon mount composer ? posted by Piporosso October 30, 2011 03:27AM reply | quote
posted by Piporosso
Hello tomtom

I'm up to do the same surgery to my Composer Pro.
How has anything worked out for you? Are there any tips you can pass on?
Is the chip really a good help when focusing?

Hope you can give a little report.

Best regards.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today