Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

9 minutes ago by Fastback67

Re: The Lutheran Home

view post

TT/Composer Focus Front on a Nikon body?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

TT/Composer Focus Front on a Nikon body? posted by Joe Nation June 16, 2011 06:19PM reply | quote
posted by Joe Nation

Purely hypothetical question: could one take a Focus Front (from the Tilt Transformer/Composer), and fit it to a Nikon body via an extension tube to make something similar to a Scout?

Obviously the TT will take Nikon lenses, and the Focus Front fits the TT so it must be a Nikon mount too. You'd need the extension tube to stop the optic hitting the mirror and put the focal plane in the right place. And it would only really make sense if you had a M4/3 or Sony NEX camera, with the TT/Composer, and a Nikon DSLR (none of which I own :) ). I'm just curious to see if it's possible...
Re: TT/Composer Focus Front on a Nikon body? posted by BananaJoe June 21, 2011 06:46AM reply | quote
posted by BananaJoe
ha
funny idea

and expensive and useless coz u'll use a 350 $ worth of versatile equipment to create a one 250$ lens :|

edit:

ohhhhh i c your point of view!!!! :)

ha!!! it might work.
buy some 15$ extension tubes from eBay and go for it.
but first measure the dimensions of the scout from tip to bayonet and c if u can reach the dimension with an extension tube.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2011 06:53AM by BananaJoe.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today