Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

5 hours ago by MLedingham

Fisheye question

view post

Can't make my mind. Composer Pro or Control Freak?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Can't make my mind. Composer Pro or Control Freak? posted by Aircut April 25, 2011 12:42AM reply | quote
posted by Aircut
Can't make my mind. Composer Pro or Control Freak? I am planning of doing mostly food (table) photography and looking into the double glass and sweet 35, Please help me to make a smart decision I saw all the movies and red reviews on other sites and am still puzzled....
Re: Can't make my mind. Composer Pro or Control Freak? posted by Michael from Lensbaby (Admin) May 05, 2011 10:06AM reply | quote
Hi Air,
In this case your lens choice basically comes down to your personality. Either lens will do the job nicely, the question is: which one will you enjoy more? If you like being able to make very controlled, minor adjustments to the placement of your sweet spot (i.e. if you're an (ahem) "control freak") you should get a Control Freak. If you tend to be a bit more fluid and intuitive in your approach then go with the Composer Pro.

Let me know what you decide!
Michael
Re: Can't make my mind. Composer Pro or Control Freak? posted by Superthor May 05, 2011 01:53PM reply | quote
posted by Superthor
Im not too familiar with the control freak,but i have used the composer for a few weeks,and it is (at least for an experienced photographer) very good for fast snapshots and other occasions,when you dont need millimeter accurancy in everything.(of course you can get crystal sharp pictures from both of them)

TRYING IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS FAILURE.

Homer Simpson
Re: Can't make my mind. Composer Pro or Control Freak? posted by bitesize August 10, 2011 08:24PM reply | quote
posted by bitesize
I was also trying to choose between the two but after searching on the net i read in a review that the control freak rods show up when using the fisheye optic. i want the fisheye optic so i went for the composer pro which arrived today with the double glass optic. i'm very happy with it.
Re: Can't make my mind. Composer Pro or Control Freak? posted by Joe Nation August 11, 2011 01:01AM reply | quote
posted by Joe Nation

If you're shooting with a tripod, and especially if you're planning on getting paid for your shots, I'd go for the Control Freak. You can be a lot more accurate with sweet spot placement and focus, ensuring a perfect composition every time. It'll probably be a bit slower to shoot with then the Composer Pro, but if you're a pro you can just charge more for your time :)

That said, the Composer is brilliant, and I can only imagine the Composer Pro is even better; I doubt you'd be disappointed.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today