Latest Post

20 hours ago by TG-J

Re: Fisheye Star Trails

view post

blown out images

Newer Topic | Older Topic

blown out images posted by aphoto April 22, 2011 09:24AM reply | quote
posted by aphoto
i am using the lensbaby composer and a couple of optics on a D90. I am having trouble with exposure, the qperture is 5.6 the shutter speed about 1/ 150, My images are blown out. I am shooting with the camera on M. thanks joanlvh
Re: blown out images posted by Lorna Taylor April 22, 2011 12:18PM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

You could try the step up shade ,I also use a polarizer on top of the shade to control the light ! Hope that helps !

My Flickr Page

www.taylorimages.ca
Re: blown out images posted by Superthor April 22, 2011 12:55PM reply | quote
posted by Superthor
I guess a higher shutter speed might help.
There should also be something called exposure compensation in your camera settings.

TRYING IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS FAILURE.

Homer Simpson
Re: blown out images posted by janvanommen April 24, 2011 08:56PM reply | quote
posted by janvanommen

I am using a Canon-camera, also set on M. Mostly I underexpose 1 stop, and ofcourse photographing in RAW, see the photograph's in my gallery.
SUCCES
Jan
Re: blown out images posted by Superthor April 24, 2011 09:36PM reply | quote
posted by Superthor
Yes,underexposing is probably one way to solve it.

Homer Simpson
Re: blown out images posted by Superthor April 24, 2011 09:41PM reply | quote
posted by Superthor
One more thing....
In the critique My work section,i have a topic called outdoor photography,there is two pictures of a tree,taken with two different aperture discs,and different exposure settings.

Homer Simpson
Re: blown out images posted by Touwe May 01, 2011 04:53AM reply | quote
posted by Touwe

I don't know how the light sensor on that camera works with the LB lenses but I know I have been flying blind whenever I use mine. Just requires some extra test shots and a solid understanding of f stops versus environment.

Best advice is simply faster shutter speed and/or higher aperture number.

Also @SuperThor great quote in the signature.
Re: blown out images posted by keithinmelbourne May 14, 2011 06:32PM reply | quote
posted by keithinmelbourne

If you set your exposure to Av you shouldn't have any problem.

Unmon is right: "Everyday is a good day."

[www.keithbroadphotography.com]
Re: blown out images posted by catspaw May 16, 2011 06:50AM reply | quote
posted by catspaw

Agreed. I shoot AV/Ap and unless it is VERY bright sun, I don't have to mess with exposure compensation at all. The cameras seem to handle it pretty well. Otherwise, that's what chimping is for :D
Re: blown out images posted by John-Morgan May 17, 2011 04:51PM reply | quote
posted by John-Morgan

In shooting with a Rebel XT on Aperture Priority, I've found that I have to expose at -2/3 EV if I'm shooting with strong side of back light. Somehow, the evaluative metering does not understand the scene properly with the lensbaby. When shooting in frontlight or in diffuse light, no EV compensation is needed (or wanted).

Shooting on M, you have to use the exposure meter to adjust shutter speed to get a correct exposure. Leaving it at 1/150 is not going to work in all lighting situations (nor will any other single shutter speed).

Best,

John

Flickr: http:www.flickr.com/aidanmorgan
Re: blown out images posted by Da Lowrider June 12, 2011 01:19PM reply | quote
posted by Da Lowrider

I use a Sekonic light meter with my Composer .. but I use a light meter often with my D90. If you try one .. you may find that reflected light to the camera's meter is a horse of a different color to the ambient readings generated by a light meter .. or not.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today