1 day ago by CatGargoyle

Re: November walk

view post

Muse on Nikon D40x?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Muse on Nikon D40x? posted by Sean-Michael April 07, 2011 06:44AM reply | quote
posted by Sean-Michael
Hi,

I just received my Muse lens and excitedly put it on my Nikon D40x. Unfortunately the camera won't recognize that the lens is there. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I'm getting worried that it will only recognize auto type lenses and not manual even tho I have it set to manual...which I thought would fix the problem it still says "no lens found" It's so frustrating to look through the viewfinder, get my shot set up, click and be told there's no lens attached when obviously there is :P

Suggestions? (other than get a different camera...tho I'm seriously close to that point these days)

Frustrated,
Sean-michael
Re: Muse on Nikon D40x? posted by picnic April 10, 2011 09:31AM reply | quote
posted by picnic
I am a Canon shooter so can't give you a specific answer but the Lensbabies work on all the digital cams if the mount is correct. With my APS-c and FF bodies I simply set to aperture, be sure my settings are correct with the lens set straight before tilting (exposure, ISO, etc or both A and S if I shoot in manual). With my m4/3s I have to set, in menu, for "shoot without lens" in order to use none-native lenses. i have no idea if Nikon has this kind of setting but I do know there are many Nikon shooters using Lensbabies. If you participate in a Nikon forum ask there or even contact the Lensbaby staff and ask. You for sure don't need a different camera. BTW, is the lens mount fitting correctly?

Diane
Re: Muse on Nikon D40x? posted by Michael from Lensbaby (Admin) April 13, 2011 05:15AM reply | quote
Hi Sean-Michael,
I hope you've resolved your Nikon issue by now! I'm not sure why it won't shoot in manual; I've shot with several Nikon bodies myself and have never had this problem. If you're still having trouble give us a call and we'll discuss: 877-536-7222
best,
Michael

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today