Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

1 hour ago by jffoto

Before the Rain

view post

Can someone explain creative apertures.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Can someone explain creative apertures. posted by Touwe March 15, 2011 10:30PM reply | quote
posted by Touwe

I know how to use them and what they do but I don't technically know how they do it. I showed my LensBaby to my photography professor yesterday thinking he might have some answers as to why the creative apertures have the effects they do but he seemed more astonished and stumped than I even did.

So can anyone give me a technical description of how the creative apertures work?
Re: Can someone explain creative apertures. posted by srpatife March 16, 2011 03:04AM reply | quote
posted by
oh well will try... every lens got that effect on blured/out of focus areas (DOF) when light is presented. normal lens, the aperture returns a circular effect, since on lensbaby lens you can custom them, the circular is substituted by the custom one.

they call this bokeh (more info here)

bokeh can be used on normal lens, as this example
Re: Can someone explain creative apertures. posted by Touwe March 16, 2011 08:11AM reply | quote
posted by Touwe

Thank you for the information. That wiki article sums it all up pretty well.
Re: Can someone explain creative apertures. posted by srpatife March 16, 2011 09:30AM reply | quote
posted by
Touwe
Thank you for the information. That wiki article sums it all up pretty well.
your welcome

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today