Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

19 hours ago by RichB

Re: Blue Bells and Butter Cups

view post

freelensing ? what is it ?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

freelensing ? what is it ? posted by lummer March 03, 2011 11:06AM reply | quote
posted by lummer
sample image of freelensing or removing lens

the light bouncing around inside between lens and body/sensor creates some very unique effects

cheers

pentax 6x7 lensbaby 3G 100mm f/4.0, custom hasselblad mount.
hasselblad to Canon EF adapter
canon 7D body
Re: freelensing ? what is it ? posted by popquiz March 08, 2011 10:32AM reply | quote
posted by popquiz

very interesting, i'd love to see a video demo of this, I'm not seeming to grasp the concept from the description

...it's like nailing JELL-O to a tree!

Glen Copeland
aka: PopQuiz

Join Lensbaby Addicts at: [www.facebook.com]
Re: freelensing ? what is it ? posted by Novel Photographie March 28, 2011 09:11PM reply | quote
posted by Novel Photographie

Here's a great article about freelensing: [content.photojojo.com]

I don't have a macro, so I'll sometimes use this technique

Melissa G.
[www.novelphotographie.com]
[www.novelphotoblog.com]
Re: freelensing ? what is it ? posted by Superthor April 17, 2011 01:27AM reply | quote
posted by Superthor
The sensor on modern digital cameras are very sensible,and may get damaged or become sorry,if exposés to duat.
Always be careful when loosen or removing lenses.
I have tried this à few Times',with an old traditional camera,without à lensbaby,i set the camera aperture to maximum (on that particular camera,it can be locked at full opening).
Them i used a sheath of black paper,with a small rectangular hole,and à glass from a pocket watch.
Of course,old film depending cameras,are not that sensible to dust,though the film might be damaged.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today