Latest Post

3 hours ago by RichB

Fisheye Star Trails

view post

lensbaby optics

Newer Topic | Older Topic

lensbaby optics posted by aphoto February 14, 2011 10:29AM reply | quote
posted by aphoto
I have a composer that fits a Nikon mount and have ordered a Scout that fits a Sony mount. Can the same optics be used with those 2 items?

thank you joanlvh
Re: lensbaby optics posted by Crabcakes February 15, 2011 12:21AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Hi Joan---

No matter what camera mount your Lensbabys are (Nikon,Sony,canon, etc.) the optics are "swappable". Any of the optics will fit in a Scout, Composer, Muse, or Control Freak regardless of camera mount. The only exception to this is the Fisheye. It requires an adapter to mount on the Muse or ControlFreak due to the flexible tubing on these two models.

Between the Scout for Sony and the Composer for Nikon you're good to go.

Have fun!

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba
Re: lensbaby optics posted by itzme91 March 16, 2011 12:32PM reply | quote
posted by itzme91
Thank you ,thank you! for your answer.I have a muse headed my way this is for a Pentax,I own a Canon and have crossed my fingers it will work.This is my first post.Hi everyone!
Re: lensbaby optics posted by Craig (Admin) March 17, 2011 03:16AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

itzema91,

Johnny was referring the Optic Swap optics being interchangeable between different mount SLR Lensbaby lens bodies (Composer, Muse, Control Freak, Scout). Getting a Pentax Lensbaby Muse to fit onto a Canon body, unfortunately, will not work.

Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: lensbaby optics posted by itzme91 March 17, 2011 05:46AM reply | quote
posted by itzme91
ugh...and it's non returnable too Thanks for telling me
Re: lensbaby optics posted by Craig (Admin) March 17, 2011 06:20AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

You can get the mount swapped to Canon, however. 971.223.5662 or 877.536.7222
Re: lensbaby optics posted by itzme91 March 17, 2011 12:34PM reply | quote
posted by itzme91
Sadly I have to admit I bought if off ebay.Lesson learned,I guess because I didn't actually save that much.At least now I know to look here when I buy.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today