Lensbaby Studio Forums

What to buy?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

What to buy? posted by YannickOkkenPhotography February 10, 2011 05:32AM reply | quote
Hi my name is Yannick and i want to buy some LB's.

i want to shoot with a wide angle lens (portrets of people) but i don't know what i need to do to get it.

I saw the Lensbaby Scout Canon with the 15 mm optic but i don't want to use the 15 mm for the portrets. So i want to use the Lensbaby 0,42x Superwide Angle lens that gives me a 21 mm lens @ my 5DMKII.

Now is my question do i need the Double class optic to use the 0.42 lens? How does this work? Do tou screw is on? (i say the double optic because this is the sharpes lens?) Somebody has a other opinion?

So do i need this:
-Lensbaby Scout Canon
- Lensbaby Double Glass Optic
- Lensbaby 0,42x Superwide Angle lens

Or should i take the composer? and what is the LB 2.0 and the 3G i can't find them.

Sorry for the bad english.

Tnx in advance :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2011 05:58AM by YannickOkkenPhotography.
Re: What to buy? posted by Crabcakes February 14, 2011 06:03AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Hello Yannick--

Welcome to the forum.

The .42 Wide Angle cannot be used with the 15mm Fisheye Optic. It can be used with any of the other Lensbaby Optics (Single Glass, Double Glass, Plastic, Soft Focus or Pinhole/Zoneplate). If you purchase a Composer or Controll Freak, they both come with the Double Glass Optic installed. The Muse is available with either the Double Glass or Plastic Optic installed. The Scout comes with the FishEye optic installed though I believe you can purchase it with different optics. With all Lensbaby Lenses the optics can be swapped/switched.

Whatever optic you have (aside from the FE) they are all the same focal length (50mm) and the .42 WideAngle screws into the front of any of them as do all the other Lensbaby Accessories.

The DoubleGlass optic is probably the most popular and will give you that signature "Lensbaby Look".

The Composer and Muse allow you to move the "Sweet-Spot" of selective focus around the image/frame while the Scout does not "bend" so the Sweet-Spot is always centered.

The 2.0 and 3G are earlier Lensbabys that are no longer available--they both had the Double Glass optic but did not allow for "Swapping" optics.

Hope this helps you to make your decision. Whichever one you purchase, I'm sure you'll find a whole new world of images out there.

Take care--

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today