Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

5 hours ago by Chelle

Re: Edge 80 - Transportation

view post

Choosing a filter system for LB?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Choosing a filter system for LB? posted by barefootboy January 10, 2011 09:35AM reply | quote
posted by barefootboy
I'm curious to know what other people are using as a filter holder on the Lensbaby. I'm planning on upgrading my filters to Lee or Singh Ray but haven't decided on the Lee holder or Cokin P.

Any thoughts?
Re: Choosing a filter system for LB? posted by hp February 14, 2011 11:31PM reply | quote
posted by hp

I recently bought a Cokin A filter for my camera and used it on my composer with Wide angle/zoom extensions, i am planning to buy the lensshade/step up filter later on so i can also use it on my lensbaby without extensions.

What i found is with the composer that due to the weight it is important to tighten the locking ring a bit. Otherwise it works fine. I got minimal darkening in the corners from the extensions, i could imagine on a full frame canera this would be worse. If you use a P system from cokin you should be able to avoid this.

Harm
Re: Choosing a filter system for LB? posted by barefootboy March 23, 2011 10:03AM reply | quote
posted by barefootboy
Thanks for your reply, Harm

Actually, I was hoping to upgrade from the Cokin A series to Lee or Singh Ray. I suppose what I really want to know is what holder systems other people are using and why.
Re: Choosing a filter system for LB? posted by Superthor April 16, 2011 02:52AM reply | quote
posted by Superthor
If i can find an adapter for the cokin system,i will use that,as i use it on My other lenses.

TRYING IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS FAILURE.

Homer Simpson

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today