Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

6 minutes ago by Kirsten

Re: 2E245

view post

My Muse won't fit my Olympus Pen E-PL1

Newer Topic | Older Topic

My Muse won't fit my Olympus Pen E-PL1 posted by rafolio December 16, 2010 08:52PM reply | quote
posted by rafolio
Hi there,

I just bought a Lensbaby Muse, supposedly with Olympus 4/3 fitting from Amazon. It arrived today and has the 'Olympus 4/3' sticker on the box, yet it just won't fit onto my Pen E-PL1. The connection disk on the lens is too large.

Now when researching the lens I'm sure the Lensbaby site said that this lens fits my camera, has the wrong lens been put in the box, or is there some sort of adapter I need which I wasn't aware of?

Thanks in advance...
Re: My Muse won't fit my Olympus Pen E-PL1 posted by picnic December 19, 2010 12:37PM reply | quote
posted by picnic
You are trying to use a 4/3 mount Lensbaby with an m4/3 mount camera. They are not the same. If you want to use the Muse with the EPL1 you need to use the Oly or Panny 4/3 to m4/3 adapter. The Tilt Transformer is the only Lensbaby with m4/3 mount. It's easy to confuse the 2 but they are not the same (4/3 and m4/3 mount).

Diane B

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2010 12:38PM by picnic.
Re: My Muse won't fit my Olympus Pen E-PL1 posted by jpw173 December 20, 2010 11:04AM reply | quote
posted by jpw173
I MIGHT be getting the PEN E-PL1 for Christmas, and I just want to make sure of your reply picnic, as the Lensbaby WILL BE the first lens I buy if I get the camera.

This is directly from the Olympus website: MMF-2 (Four Thirds Lens Adapter to Micro Four Thirds Lens Adapter)

THAT is the adapter, we would BOTH need, am I correct in assuming that?
Re: My Muse won't fit my Olympus Pen E-PL1 posted by mmuschett January 15, 2011 03:14AM reply | quote
posted by mmuschett

Yes that's what you need. A 4/3 to m4/3 adapter.
Re: My Muse won't fit my Olympus Pen E-PL1 posted by picnic January 15, 2011 12:58PM reply | quote
posted by picnic
Sorry I didn't see this until now. I have the original Composer with 4/3 mount and use the 4/3 to m4/3 adapter to use it with G1 and GF1, as you'll need to with E-PL1. I also have the m4/3 mount Tilt Transformer with Front Focus which makes it essentially a Composer but with different (wider) FOV. All my optics, accessories, etc fit it except for the FE which only works with 4/3 mount Composer. I have an old LB2 also with Canon EF mount LOL. Think I really like LB??????

Have fun with the Muse on your E-PL1.

Diane
Re: My Muse won't fit my Olympus Pen E-PL1 posted by Michael from Lensbaby (Admin) January 31, 2011 08:28AM reply | quote
Hi Picnic / Diane,
I just wanted to thank you for your thorough reply. It's people like you that make the Lensbaby community so great!
Thanks,
Michael

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today