Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 hours ago by TG-J

Re: Perth Royal Show

view post

Perspective Correcting Lens OR Just Post-processing

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Perspective Correcting Lens OR Just Post-processing posted by Vasulka November 11, 2010 11:58PM reply | quote
posted by Vasulka
OK. now this is tricky. In this video for Foreign Beggars feat. Nosia, they appear to be using some kind of displacement effect to distort the perspective.

HERE (0:30)

To me, I feel they could have filmed with a fisheye lense and are simply 'flattening' the bulge digitally. but that still does not explain the interesting motion...

If you know, or have any ideas on how to create this effect it'd be majorly helpful as I intend to use it in a promo for Canon and the roughcut deadline is soon!

Thanks
Re: Perspective Correcting Lens OR Just Post-processing posted by jonesyjerrid December 04, 2010 01:44PM reply | quote
posted by jonesyjerrid

Not sure how. I would say your right about the fisheye lens. As for the effect not sure if it's in camera or digital. I would guess digital. Here is the directors website.

[www.tonytruand.com]

Hope this isn't to late.

[web.me.com]
Re: Perspective Correcting Lens OR Just Post-processing posted by picnic December 05, 2010 12:12PM reply | quote
posted by picnic
It looks like a linear fisheye on a full frame to me. I would guess the movement is done in video processing.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today