Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

1 hour ago by MLedingham

Fisheye question

view post

A little problem with my Tilt Transformer

Newer Topic | Older Topic

A little problem with my Tilt Transformer posted by MissCookie October 30, 2010 06:01AM reply | quote
posted by MissCookie

Today I finally got my Composer with Tilt Transformer. It´s really a lot of fun, but there is one thing I noticed: It´s a lot harder to tilt the composer front compared to my original Lensbaby Composer, even if I losen the Locking Ring as far as possible.

On my old Composer I can losen the Locking Ring a lot more, which makes it much easier to tilt.

Did anybody else who can compare those two lenses notice that? Or is something wrong with my LB? Maybe it´s just the different material of the Tilt Transformer?
Re: A little problem with my Tilt Transformer posted by picnic October 31, 2010 12:01AM reply | quote
posted by picnic
I found it less moveable than my original Composer ORIGINALLY was (it has become very sticky). However it also means that I can be more deliberste in my tilting snd not hsve the lenses sffect it quite so much with a drop down with gravity. I'm guessing its the different materials.
Re: A little problem with my Tilt Transformer posted by Canonizer October 31, 2010 05:29AM reply | quote
posted by Canonizer
For my TT, the amount of resistance whilst tilting varies quite a bit, depending on the direction you're tilting.
Re: A little problem with my Tilt Transformer posted by MissCookie November 01, 2010 04:35AM reply | quote
posted by MissCookie

Thanks for your answers.

Until now I have only used the TT with the composer front but what picnic wrote about different (heavier) lenses and gravity probably makes sense.
And I also noticed a difference in the amount of resistance depending on the direction of tilting - just like Canonizer.

So I guess everything is alright with my TT :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2010 04:36AM by MissCookie.
Re: A little problem with my Tilt Transformer posted by FTLbaby December 09, 2010 04:21AM reply | quote
posted by FTLbaby
Greetings MissCookie! I was having the same issue with my TT. I visited the lensbaby booth at photoplus and none of the TTs they had on display were as hard to tilt as mine. I had a Nikon AIS 28mm/f3.5 mounted on it as well as the composer. The metal lens mount of the TT started coming apart from the black plastic so I called tech support (877-536-7222) and they are sending me a replacement. Hopefully yours will hold up!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today