Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

5 hours ago by TG-J

Re: 63 Split Window Corvette

view post

A Question About Technique Using LB

Newer Topic | Older Topic

A Question About Technique Using LB posted by George in NC October 27, 2010 10:15AM reply | quote
posted by George in NC
I'm not sure if anyone else has this experience, and I know they say practice makes perfect, but...

It seems to me that the area that appears to be most in focus when looking through the viewfinder is not quite the same as when viewing my photos on the PC. It is mostly the same, but there seems to have been a bit of a shift (unless the Composer is set to dead center).

I also noticed that when I shoot at F2, the sweet spot is much larger in the viewfinder than on the resulting photo. I am trying to trust my instincts more when shooting, instead of just my eye.

I was just wondering if anyone has had similar experiences and how they overcame them.

Thanks!!

George...in NC
Re: A Question About Technique Using LB posted by Lorna Taylor October 27, 2010 10:27AM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

I also have this happen from time to time, This may sound stupid but I set my focus then rotate my camera counter clock wise and end up with a large range of focus also a better bending of out of focus images. Call me crazy but this works for me.Other than that they tend to be exactly how I envisioned them to be 99% of the time but every once in awhile I do get a beautiful surprise from my wonderful Lensbaby that somehow saw something differently than I did! Cheers and happy bending!

My Flickr Page

www.taylorimages.ca
Re: A Question About Technique Using LB posted by LINDAMCGRATH February 15, 2011 09:45PM reply | quote
posted by LINDAMCGRATH
Hi George -I have noticed that as well although being new to the lensbabay I wondered if it was possibly due to me unintentionaly releasing my finger pressure when I was pressing the shutter button thus moving the sweet spot slightly -In my last set of photos my model was perfectly in focus through the viewfinder but had moved over to the left when I downloaded and viewed it .

Can see now why people say you need to practise with this lens and why people get flustrated and give up easily.

Lin

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today