Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

8 hours ago by jffoto

Re: On the other side

view post

Panasonic GF1 and Tilt Transformer problem

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Panasonic GF1 and Tilt Transformer problem posted by Eric October 16, 2010 08:22AM reply | quote
posted by Eric
Hi guys,
I just bought a Micro 4/3rds Tilt Transformer and can't get it to work with my Panasonic GF1. I am trying to use it with a Nikon 50mm 1.8D lens all I get is the message "Please check that the lens is attached correctly"

I know it is attached correctly. Does anybody have any experience with this combination?
Thanks in advance,
Eric
Re: Panasonic GF1 and Tilt Transformer problem posted by mvuori October 18, 2010 02:14AM reply | quote
posted by mvuori
Google tells me that somewhere in your camera's Custom Menu should be a setting called "Shoot w/o lens". You should select that. As it is, the camera is searching for electrical contacts but can't find them without the setting telling it that there are none to be found.

PS. Google will often help you when you search for the error message (remembering to leave the quotes around it).
Re: Panasonic GF1 and Tilt Transformer problem posted by Eric October 19, 2010 09:04AM reply | quote
posted by Eric
Thanks for the info. The support tech at Panasonic said it could not shoot w/o lens - it's not in the manual. I am up and running now!
Re: Panasonic GF1 and Tilt Transformer problem posted by lang October 21, 2010 12:18AM reply | quote
posted by lang
Eric
Thanks for the info. The support tech at Panasonic said it could not shoot w/o lens...

Don't worry about it. When I called Panasonic tech support for info about the GF1, the rep didn't know what a "filter" was (wanted to know if a linear polarizer would work ok with the body).
Re: Panasonic GF1 and Tilt Transformer problem posted by sjarden December 22, 2010 08:54AM reply | quote
posted by sjarden
What a great forum. I got my lensbaby, could get it to work, typed in the question in google and I had the answer. It works great, can't wait to post some shots. A great addition to a wonderful little camera that can do almost anything.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today