Lensbaby Studio Forums

How to improve smoothness of rotation of Composer

Newer Topic | Older Topic

How to improve smoothness of rotation of Composer posted by picnic October 01, 2010 12:47AM reply | quote
posted by picnic
I have the new TT/composer combo and realize how unsmooth the use of the ball in my original Composer is. Has anyone tried anything like a lubricant (plastic so careful) to improve the smoothness in use? Seems to me that mine was originally much smoother to rotate but its 'cranky' now and harder to use.

I will likely keep my FE on the older Composer and on a different camera body.

Diane

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2010 12:48AM by picnic.
Re: How to improve smoothness of rotation of Composer posted by ranfoto October 06, 2010 03:19AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Diane.....do not apply any lubricant to your Composer, as it could get inside your camera and the Composer ball would start to slip.

Plastic is a natural lubricant so to speak, but as you noted it could degrade if anything is applied to it that might be slovent based......!!!

Better to loosen the tightening ring, then blow the Composer out with compressed air (taken off your camera body of course).

Examine the ball part of the Composer to see if there are any abrasions, if so .....you can gently rub those burrs down smooth and your composer will regain it's original smooth motion .
Re: How to improve smoothness of rotation of Composer posted by picnic October 10, 2010 02:41AM reply | quote
posted by picnic
Thank You. The only time I use the original Composer now is with the FE but still I will try your recommendations. Perhaps its 'false memory'LOL, or maybe comparison with the new front focus module.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today