Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

6 hours ago by ughridk

Re: #BlurOnPurpose Series

view post

How do I set my Nikon D90 initial setting for the lens baby composer

Newer Topic | Older Topic

How do I set my Nikon D90 initial setting for the lens baby composer posted by ssykes1 August 19, 2010 09:16AM reply | quote
posted by ssykes1
I just purchase the composer lens and I have set the mode dail to A tried to adjust the apeture dail on the lens and all I get is a white picture. I am new in photography the D90 has just went over 200 pics and just fully retired out the Army. I didn't have PTSD Post Tramatic Stress Disorder. But I feel it coming on =0) please help me Thanks!
Re: How do I set my Nikon D90 initial setting for the lens baby composer posted by Nino August 27, 2010 07:10AM reply | quote
posted by Nino

Hi.The better way is to set your D90 in manual mode.If your picture is white is because the speed was too slow...Then try with other speed,the D90 tell you how to adjust it.Be patient it will come soon...and try to work with a tripod too,it help a lot ;-))

Nino
Re: How do I set my Nikon D90 initial setting for the lens baby composer posted by ssykes1 August 29, 2010 06:38AM reply | quote
posted by ssykes1
Thanks Nino I will be making the adjustments and post my first pic with the composer soon.
Re: How do I set my Nikon D90 initial setting for the lens baby composer posted by Keithnc August 29, 2010 10:36PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

According to the FAQ section under Info above, the D90 will only work in Manual mode. Set your camera to M on the dial. Depending on which aperture ring you start with, you will have to adjust the shutter speed accordingly. When looking thru your viewfinder, you should see a scale with a + on the left and - on the right. keep turning the dial that adjust the shutter speed until it is dead center. You may have to adjust the marking afterwards depending on how your exposure turned out. Adjusting to the + will allow more light in and your picture will be brighter. Also start with either F4 or F5.6 when starting out, it will make it easier.
There is a little learning curve at first, but when you get the hang of it, it will be hard to put down.
Re: How do I set my Nikon D90 initial setting for the lens baby composer posted by ssykes1 August 31, 2010 01:00AM reply | quote
posted by ssykes1
Well we have lift off! my first pic thanks to everyone I am on my way lookout Scott Kelby. Now if I can just put the camera down I just might finish my degree work! Thanks again see you on the high ground.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2010 01:01AM by ssykes1.
Re: How do I set my Nikon D90 posted by FallGuy2005 September 24, 2010 02:14AM reply | quote
posted by FallGuy2005
Being new to DSLR, all I do to find the correct light is take a picture look at it and then adjust aperture and speed. But sometimes the camera will change my speed setting. Which is confusing because on the “M” setting I should have total control.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2010 02:19AM by FallGuy2005.
Re: How do I set my Nikon D90 initial setting for the lens baby composer posted by mvuori September 26, 2010 05:46AM reply | quote
posted by mvuori
ssykes1
I just purchase the composer lens and I have set the mode dail to A tried to adjust the apeture dail on the lens
There is no aperture dial on the lens. You can only change the aperture by switching aperture discs inside the lens. The ring on the lens adjusts focus...
Re: How do I set my Nikon D90 initial setting for the lens baby composer posted by ssykes1 September 26, 2010 06:41AM reply | quote
posted by ssykes1
True I made a mistake when I said that. I spoke before I actually examine the lens. Thank for the catch. I am still in the experimental phase of the D90.
Re: How do I set my Nikon D90 initial setting for the lens baby composer posted by photologs October 10, 2010 06:24PM reply | quote
posted by photologs
FallGuy2005, great blur!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today